Support - Uranium Power

Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

daladas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by daladas »

Fatmice wrote:Hello, do you happen to know which mod that is? Is it by Supercheese?
N.Tech Chemistry by Natha seeing it reworks water and etc and my guess is this mod sees the new kind of water and makes it error I shut off that mod and everything works fine real odd that a use of a mod would make this mod error and crash the game but could be that it does not know the new name of the water that N.Tech Chemistry adds to the game I say give it some testing and see if you can get it to work..keep me posted on how it is going if you do work on it I think its something to do with the coding of the mod or something seeing its almost like it does not know that I am adding water to the tank as I said above the sec I shut off the mod this mod works like a charm its very odd

Strangeone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

crash with this mod

Post by Strangeone »

Hello,
Been using your mod for a bit. Trying a Bob's mods/Marathon game and I encountered the following error while trying to use this mod.

Error while running event on_player_built_entity (ID 6)
An area of zero size is not supported. Either don't define area to search the entire surface or use 'position'.
stack traceback:
__UraniumPower__/control.lua:209: in function <__UraniumPower__/control.lua:126>

I am trying to place a heat exchanger the one tile one. I haven't gotten to green circuits(bobs circuits) in order to produce the larger power plants and I am using the small heat exchanger to produce power until I do get to that point(probably another 12+hours of game time) I don't really want to wait for the larger plants as Marathon causes coal half energy value and regular steam boiler usage to not be viable after a certain point.

I was just placing the tile to figure out where things should go and this error popped up. I also tried placing next to an iron pipe and same issue. Granted the pipe was empty but that shouldn't be causing this type of error.

Thank You.
Great Mod

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hello, try building the wall-type heat exchanger next to vanilla pipe only. It doesn't support modded pipe. This is something I will add in 0.7.x. Let me know if the problem persist.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Strangeone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Strangeone »

Hello,

This is iron pipe(only pipe I have used so far). As I mentioned I am playing Bob's Mods and Marathon and when I highlight the pipe it does say Bob's mods in yellow. But that should not affect anything as I previously played a game with Bob's and Marathon with Uranium power.(wanted to start a new game with factorismo lol)
Just tried it.
Laid two lines of pipe and put a exchanger between. Same error.
Also tried it by turning off all mods except for Uranium and same issue.
I must be doing something wrong. I got it to work on a previous game. I will have to play around and figure out what is going on.
Ok. been playing around with this a little.
Tried setting up the pipes from the reactor(filling reactor half way with pressurized water) and same issue.
I just tried loading my old game. The old heat exchangers continue to work but I tried to place a new tile and same issue. Something is different between v13.11 and 13.15 and uranium power when placing the tile. Even tried picking up and old exchanger and placing it back down. same issue.

Forgot to mention. playing version 13.15
Uranium power 0.6.4

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I need a copy of your savegame and complete mod compilation for testing.

Strangeone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Strangeone »

Hello,

Attached is the zip file that contains the save game and a text file that contains the list of mods plus additional info of what else I have tried.

Thank You
Attachments
Save.zip
Save game inside zip.
(9.82 MiB) Downloaded 105 times

Strangeone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Strangeone »

I think I may have managed to trace part of the issue.
I replaced the second part with the first part and it will place the heat exchanger now.
This is in control.lua at around row 200+
local up = event.created_entity.surface.find_entities_filtered{area = {{x, y+1}, {x, y}}, name = "pipe"}
local down = event.created_entity.surface.find_entities_filtered{area = {{x, y-1}, {x, y}}, name = "pipe"}
local left = event.created_entity.surface.find_entities_filtered{area = {{x-1, y}, {x, y}}, name = "pipe"}
local right = event.created_entity.surface.find_entities_filtered{area = {{x+1, y}, {x, y}}, name = "pipe"}

-- local up = event.created_entity.surface.find_entities_filtered{area = {{x, y+1}, {x, y+1}}, name = "pipe"}
-- local down = event.created_entity.surface.find_entities_filtered{area = {{x, y-1}, {x, y-1}}, name = "pipe"}
-- local left = event.created_entity.surface.find_entities_filtered{area = {{x-1, y}, {x-1, y}}, name = "pipe"}
-- local right = event.created_entity.surface.find_entities_filtered{area = {{x+1, y}, {x+1, y}}, name = "pipe"}
It just doesn't recognize the exchanger in order to transfer heat. which means it still doesn't work. But at least the game doesn't crash.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Please always include the full mods that you use. Do not make me download them myself. I do not use these mods in my play and usually am not familiar with how they work. Also I had to hunt for three more mods that weren't on your list but were part of the save: bobgreenhouse 0.13.2, bobpower 0.13.1, and bobtech 0.13.0, and two of the mods were misspelled: CHMMod instead of CMHMod and biblibrary instead of boblibrary... Time spent downloading mods is time that I could have used to fix the problem you are having. Anyways, it is fixed, just a small change to the search function. I'm going to push this to 0.6.5 and update the mod portal and downloads.

Edit: Update has been pushed. Please let me know if additional problems occur.

Strangeone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Strangeone »

sorry about tha.
You asked for save game and mod list.
I didn't think that you wanted me to zip up the entire list as the zip file would have been much larger. my bad.
As for the names I typed it out by hand. Again my bad.
Sorry.

Thank you

dziadzmirowa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dziadzmirowa »

Hi
Do I need any other mod apart of uranium power to find uraninite deposits,
or just need to walk far enough to find it?
thanks

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Well they are hard to spot on the map because they are green like the grass.

The mod MapLabels can help to find it easier, because it writes the ore names of every ore deposit on the map.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

bbgun06
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by bbgun06 »

I found a game-breaking bug: I control-clicked to load the reactor and it put some pipes and belts in there. This caused the game to immediately crash.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =753396812

Code: Select all

137.666 Error MainLoop.cpp:738: Exception at tick 23202843: Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
__UraniumPower__/control.lua:354: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
 138.571 Device reset external.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, known issue. For now try not to put non fuel-assembly items into the chest.

sherwood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sherwood »

Fatmice wrote:
Rivettz wrote:

Yeah I haven't looked at the video. Can you please provide a link for me?

When It came to installing the mod, I downloaded and dropped the File from Winrar to the Mods folder in %appdata% (Roaming) Factorio.
Hello, your screenshot only told me a limited number of things. However, I now know you are using the steam version. I recommend against manual installation of mods when using the steam version. You should instead install mod through the game's internal mod portal. Have you research the Uranium Processing tech? The assembler did not show the recipe for making uraninite slurry so that can only mean either your tech was insufficient or technology did not update.

Try issuing the following codes, one line at a time, at the console

Code: Select all

/c player.force.reset_recipes()
/c player.force.reset_technologies()
As for the tutorial video, there is a link on the first post of the main Uranium Power thread.
I am getting the same thing (had to remove image links as this is my first post). Recipes to process uranium is not there. I have found the 2 ore types and am mining them. I was able to craft the cooling tower and the piece just before it. I do not have the reactor or uranium processing recipes. I tried the code in the console above, but got player nil errors. I then set player to my username and they seemed to work. Not sure if that is how the console works but I didn't get an error after I set that. However, still nothing. This was added to a game that was well into blue science so when I loaded it up the uranium power research was already complete. I have not tried on a new game to see if there is something else conflicting.

sherwood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sherwood »

I loaded up an older save game with less tech researched. This one did not immediately have Uranium Power researched. I had it research and checked, everything was there no problem. So there is something in a game further along that auto researches this tech, but doesn't update all the recipes. Again, I tried the codes in the console, this time they worked without any issue of nil value. However, I still could not see the recipes. Is there a way to force unresearch a specific tech then manually research it?

Edit**

I just loaded up the save I am having trouble with. Used the command to set uranium-power to false. Then manually researched it. Now I see all recipes in the Uranium Power tab.

CaptainRush
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainRush »

hello there

i got the "fuel" production for the uranium plant up and running and also the power plant itself.

my problem is: when i connect the power plant to an existing power network and the needed power from the uranium plant is going to zero it shuts itself down.

any ideas?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Do you mean you overload it or do you need no power?

If you overload it the circulation pump starves and you got a meltdown.
I mean it fails completely.

Either build an additional one or don't overload it.
Maybe a solar backup could help.

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

CaptainRush
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainRush »

no its not overloaded but it shuts off when no Power from the plant is needed. i wanted to install it as a backup, in the night some power is need which works very well but a soon as the day comes and the solar panels provide all power needed the nuclear plant shuts down

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

But this sounds reasonable because the solar panels have a higher priority then the power plant.
How do you want it to be?

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

CaptainRush
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainRush »

well i thought i behaves like the steam plant, it goes to idle when no power is needed and starts to provide power if so

Return to “Atomic Power”