Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by Marc90 »

Hello!

I get the following error message when I try to start a new game or to load the example build:

Code: Select all

Unknown key: "Error while running the oninit:
__UraniumPower__/control.lua:12: attempt to index global 'global' (a nil value)"
factorio version is 0.11.22 and mod version is 0.6.0

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Marc90 wrote:Hello!

I get the following error message when I try to start a new game or to load the example build:

Unknown key: "Error while running the oninit:
__UraniumPower__/control.lua:12: attempt to index global 'global' (a nil value)"
factorio version is 0.11.22 and mod version is 0.6.0
version 0.6.0 is only compatible with factorio version 0.12.0+

Either update your base game or downlaod the old version of atomic power from here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 115&t=6740

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Marc90 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded from this thread and it says that version 0.6.0 is compatible with factorio 0.11.x: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =64&t=9502
Factorio 0.11.x - Current version: 0.6.0 -> (link)

Factorio 0.12.x - Current version: 0.6.2 -> (link)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hello, I looked at the zipfile it was linked to the wrong release. Please redownload and let me know if it working for you.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Marc90 »

Now it works, thank you very much!

Another question: can I add the mod to an existing savegame?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, it should work on an existing savegame. You will need to walk a fair distance from your spawn point to see the resources unless you regenerate the resources with a command.

game.regenerate_entity("uraninite")
game.regenerate_entity("fluorite")

Maser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by Maser »

When trying to load the provided example build save for 12.x, I get the following error:

Notice
Error while running the event handler: [path]/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:104: attempt to call global 'story-update' (a nil value)

When I try to load the savegame used in the tutorial, I get the same error but also this one:

Migrated content
Removed items
mjollnir 32

Any idea of why that might be?
Edit: Moved to Support. Please don't post support questions in the information thread.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by Fatmice »

Maser wrote:When trying to load the provided example build save for 12.x, I get the following error:

Notice
Error while running the event handler: [path]/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:104: attempt to call global 'story-update' (a nil value)
1/Did you load the example build with its respective version, i.e. 11.x savegame with 11.x basegame and 12.x savegame with 12.x basegame?
2/I do not have any global variable call story-update so the error can not stem from me.
3/The error gives line 104 as the cause, so I suggest looking at the control.lua specified in that path to find the reason.
4/What other mod(s) are you using?

Maser wrote: When I try to load the savegame used in the tutorial, I get the same error but also this one:

Migrated content
Removed items
mjollnir 32

Any idea of why that might be?
Edit: Moved to Support. Please don't post support questions in the information thread.
Those two entries came from the mod called test-mode. They are harmless. The savegame used in the tutorial requires 12.x base game.

Maser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maser »

First, sorry about posting in the wrong thread.
what I began to write as I tried to find the problem
Found the problem. Control.lua comes from data/base/scenarios/sandbox, and that file has the typo. I fixed the typo and now I can load the saves.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I suggest you file a bug report if the basegame has a typo. :)

ravens_talons
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ravens_talons »

running factorio 0.12.10

recieve notice

__UraniumPower__/control.lua: attempt to index global 'script' (a nil value)

some help here as this is tho only mod that I am running.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi, I need more information. What triggered this? I do not have a global variable called "script."...At least not in the current version 0.6.2.

What version of the mod are you running?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

ravens_talons wrote:running factorio 0.12.10

recieve notice

Update to 0.12.11
that should fix your problem
Check out my mods

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

ravens_talons wrote:running factorio 0.12.10

recieve notice

Okay I have fixed the issues. Update to 0.6.3.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

This mod has me very interested and i am currently watching your turorial's on it to figure out its function..

As i did not care to read through all the other posts and cram information into my head that i just dont need at this time i have a single question..

How does the ore generation work with RSO? I am using factorio version .12.16 and RSO version 1.4.6.. i am contemplating starting a new map but would prefer to expand my map enough to find these resources on a 100 hr save..

Any info would be great...

Thank You

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi, It depends on the RSO setting. I can't give a better answer than that. If you want to "naturally" find the ore, you would need to go further out to find any chance of them spawning. Or you can issue a few command to get it to regenerate in the area that you already explored.
Fatmice wrote:Yes, it should work on an existing savegame. You will need to walk a fair distance from your spawn point to see the resources unless you regenerate the resources with a command.

game.regenerate_entity("uraninite")
game.regenerate_entity("fluorite")
You can try the above commands or something similar that RSO uses.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

figured i would give you an update as i started exploring past my current area.. I have basic settings.. only changed spawn area to biggest and set bitters to never attack first.. I have found several patches of both ore's for this mod and am excited to get into doing this for power generation... as the standard steam and solor just seem to dead for me.. I have installed 2 other mods wind turbine and diesel generator and this fits perfectly into the end game aspect i hope to accomplish..

Now if i could just find a mod that gives me a reason to go past the first rocket launch.. ive looked and while there are a couple out there and now that the devs have confirmed the shelving of the space station stuff they were working on i need to find another reason to grow my base to the size and production level i was aiming for.. Not going for a minute rocket launch or anything like that,, i just wanted my base to be able to supply a rediculous ammount of any given reasource.. which i am in the process of building my second base that should hopefully allow me say 100k production every 20-30 minutes.. more or less.. honestly i wont know till after i get everything in place and start testing and tweaking the designs ive spent the past few months gathering..

keep up the good work...

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Anomoly2012 wrote:Now if i could just find a mod that gives me a reason to go past the first rocket launch.. ive looked and while there are a couple out there and now that the devs have confirmed the shelving of the space station stuff they were working on i need to find another reason to grow my base to the size and production level i was aiming for.. Not going for a minute rocket launch or anything like that,, i just wanted my base to be able to supply a rediculous ammount of any given reasource.. which i am in the process of building my second base that should hopefully allow me say 100k production every 20-30 minutes.. more or less.. honestly i wont know till after i get everything in place and start testing and tweaking the designs ive spent the past few months gathering..

keep up the good work...
You can try adding Yuoki Industries as that mod is very energy hungry and has the capability to help you generate very high production throughput.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

For some reason, my (70MW) reactor is telling me that it has no fuel (with the little red icon, and failing to operate), despite its (linked) assembly containing a 4.7% rod. I copied the design in the "demo world", so it should work. Or have I done something incorrectly? The screenshot is getting cut off by the forum software, but the reactor itself and most of its turbine setup is still visible.

This is with the latest version of both the mod and Factorio. I am using other mods, but nothing (that I know of) that should interfere.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hello Reika, the purple dragon Reika?

1/ Is there water in the reactor building? If there is, there shouldn't be more than 800 units in it when connected with the circulation pump and steam generator.
2/ Is there water in the cold leg of the steam generator?
3/ Is there water in the cooling tower of the turbine/generator?
4/ Failing all of that, you could send me the zip of your game and I can take a look.

Return to “Atomic Power”