Additional UI elements and adv. glob namespace

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Additional UI elements and adv. glob namespace

Post by drs9999 »

So after the 0.6 update I thought about new modding features.

I would like to have more GUI elements, more precisly I like to have checkboxes and list boxes(+ radio buttons and sliders).
I do not have an use for the last two things, but with them the list is more complete , I guess ;)
(Also nice to have are picture buttons, but this was suggested before)

And finally I want to suggest to implement something like an extented glob table. This table is accessible/editable/shared between all games.
E.g I could use it for blueprints-data, so blueprints can be shared between different games.

It also could be usefull to implement some sort of achievementssystem.

That is it so far. Thanks for reading.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Additional UI elements and adv. glob namespace

Post by slpwnd »

The idea for "extended glob table" has been around for a while. It will happen eventually:)

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zer0t3ch »

slpwnd wrote:The idea for "extended glob table" has been around for a while. It will happen eventually:)
What's the word on the new GUI elements?
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I think you can make checkboxes with the buttoms and the styles (you can set a background image for buttons)

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zer0t3ch »

ficolas wrote:I think you can make checkboxes with the buttoms and the styles (you can set a background image for buttons)
True. I'm thinking of making a mod for other mods to build off of that adds a bunch of styles and GUI elements like that.
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

zer0t3ch wrote:
ficolas wrote:I think you can make checkboxes with the buttoms and the styles (you can set a background image for buttons)
True. I'm thinking of making a mod for other mods to build off of that adds a bunch of styles and GUI elements like that.
I also thought about making a mod to do that + a java program to create GUIs in factorio, but with the new GUI elements they are adding is not that necessary (For example I was thinking about a function to make a keyboard appear at the screen, but with the textboxes that is no longer needed)

The java program would still be usefull, but I havent done anything with factorio since like a month...
Now id like to update my mod that I dont even know if it works for the new version

Return to “Implemented mod requests”