Access to some roboport entity properties

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Access to some roboport entity properties

Post by Outsider »

I was wondering if it'd be possible to get read access to some of the roboport properties, i'm mainly interested in these :

logistics_radius - this is the one i really need, i use this to calculate the boundaries of the logistics network, and with no access to it i have to hardcode these values.
construction_radius
charge_approach_distance
charging_offsets

would be great if they are accessible directly from any roboport entity, if not having them part of the EntityPrototype for robots would work too.
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Access to some roboport entity properties

Post by ratchetfreak »

Outsider wrote:I was wondering if it'd be possible to get read access to some of the roboport properties, i'm mainly interested in these :

logistics_radius - this is the one i really need, i use this to calculate the boundaries of the logistics network, and with no access to it i have to hardcode these values.
construction_radius
charge_approach_distance
charging_offsets

would be great if they are accessible directly from any roboport entity, if not having them part of the EntityPrototype for robots would work too.
It'd be great if the logistics network it was connected to was an object we could query. With information about the bots and items in the network number of things to build/repair. And maybe add a query to LuaSurface to find which network covers a tile/entity.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

yeah an interface to the logistics network would be awesome.. but we gotta work with what we have for now and it's really inconvenient not having access to these properties anywhere.

a function that let's you check if an entity is within a logistics network would be great too, an entity.in_logistics_network maybe?
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Outsider wrote:yeah an interface to the logistics network would be awesome.. but we gotta work with what we have for now and it's really inconvenient not having access to these properties anywhere.

a function that let's you check if an entity is within a logistics network would be great too, an entity.in_logistics_network maybe?
That's why the LuaSurface query. Add the option to differentiate between construction and logistics is a must.

Though if we want to query from a logi chest directly then just a read property for the logistics_network is enough.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Read access (and possibly write to some extent) for logistic networks is planned for 0.13.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”