on_player_pre_crafted_item event ?

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

on_player_pre_crafted_item event ?

Post by DevilXD »

All equipment inside power armor is lost when using it as an ingredient for some other recipes. Adding an on_player_pre_crafted_item event would be really useful when dealing with such situations...

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: on_player_pre_crafted_item event ?

Post by DevilXD »

Bump.

With the new version of the game and changes to power armor, it would be really nice if this event existed, it would help so much for us - modders, who are using the power armor as an ingredient in the recipes...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Smart recipes aren't supported in any way right now so that's the result when you put power armor as a crafting ingredient in a recipe.

The same happens when you put blueprints in a recipe or things with durability/health - the crafting system has no concept of that data and just ignores it.

If we ever implement some smarter crafting system those would be addressed but until then you're out of luck.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Rseding91 wrote:Smart recipes aren't supported in any way right now so that's the result when you put power armor as a crafting ingredient in a recipe.

The same happens when you put blueprints in a recipe or things with durability/health - the crafting system has no concept of that data and just ignores it.

If we ever implement some smarter crafting system those would be addressed but until then you're out of luck.
Yeah, but the only thing I wanted is to have that event, so I could hook it up to a function, which would empty out the armor before it gets used as an ingredient...

Return to “Implemented mod requests”