Extend 'operable' property

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Extend 'operable' property

Post by Kikkers »

I would like inventories to have a property that prevents inserters from working with them. Items being put inside or removed by an inserter is not prevented with the operable property. My suggestion is either extending the operable property to do this or, preferably, to have a separate property do this.

Honestly, I'm having difficulty thinking of uses for this other than in the smart circuit systems mod, but hopefully it's not that complicated to make.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Extend 'operable' property

Post by Rahjital »

Kikkers wrote:Honestly, I'm having difficulty thinking of uses for this other than in the smart circuit systems mod
Trains. A lot of people would like inserters to be unable to take fuel out of trains, both for consistency and for more flexibility in station design, but some people seem opposed to that.

Tinyboss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Extend 'operable' property

Post by Tinyboss »

Rahjital wrote:Trains. A lot of people would like inserters to be unable to take fuel out of trains, both for consistency and for more flexibility in station design, but some people seem opposed to that.
I think those in opposition think that the current behavior is consistent, and that it provides flexibility in rail network design.

Also, I think the OP wants a property to prevent inserters doing anything at all with the inventory, which nobody wants for trains. ;-)

Return to “Implemented mod requests”