Updater for mods

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Updater for mods

Post by y.petremann »

Factorio has an integrated updater that seem to work correctly for now.
I think that if mod creators have a proper way to put direct links to their mods (having a http/ftp server) and if they want to have their mods updatable, they should have this possibility using the integrated updater.

For that in the mod menu there should be an option to check for updates if an url to a updater is given.

Also the main updater should be modified a bit to be able to disable a specific mod update.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Updater for mods

Post by katyal »

I hope Ssilk come along to move your thread to the ideas and suggestions thread cause I really like this idea and think it would deserve to be in the base game.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This would be the part of the official mod server that we would like to create someday.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

kovarex wrote:This would be the part of the official mod server that we would like to create someday.
While I totally agree with this, a simple GET on a TXT file interface that's controlled by the game client, that only displays the current mod's version and the one in the URL when on the Mods screen would be of a GREAT help for the community. I don't think code injection would be a thing here.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”