Repair building / robot?

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

N00byEdge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Repair building / robot?

Post by N00byEdge »

Any chance of having a building wich can for example send out repair robots or just repair nearby buildidngs, maybe requireing a lot of power? Repairs are already free, by breaking and replacing something, so could you implement some way to do this automatically? I can imagine the research requireing like 300 of each science pack, since it would make defending much easier, maybe too overpowered, but nothing can't be balanced, maybe something super endgame?

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Repair building / robot?

Post by orbito »

Robotic Helpers would probably be the next highest attack priority for Creepers, next to the player. I like the way repairing is done currently, but maybe someday it will be more involved; like a Wrench icon to repair when you click on it (and it would take X seconds to repair per damage bar). The Robotic Helper could move to repair any damaged building as soon as it is loses a health bar, at least until it gets swarmed by Creepers.

N00byEdge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by N00byEdge »

orbito wrote:Robotic Helpers would probably be the next highest attack priority for Creepers, next to the player. I like the way repairing is done currently, but maybe someday it will be more involved; like a Wrench icon to repair when you click on it (and it would take X seconds to repair per damage bar). The Robotic Helper could move to repair any damaged building as soon as it is loses a health bar, at least until it gets swarmed by Creepers.
If the only thing you are worrying about is targeting for the creepers, I would almost like to say that it would be like:

1. Things that attack back (including players, if they are attacking)
2. Repair robots /buildings
3. Afk players (lol I do that alot)
4. The rest

But maybe make so they attack repair robot / buildings and turrets, etc. at the same prioity as the things that attack the creepers?

The repair icon also would be a nice addition, I don't like having to pick up and replace my factory over and over again :) I bet they figure somethign neat out! :)

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

I dig it out, because it should be moved to "Implemented"

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Good idea.
Ps: At first read I thought: wtf, that is just a roboport... :) then I saw the date...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

There are more of those old implemented suggestions.
Let's find them out to prove that devs really listen to vox populi.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”