Advanced Analytics and Factory Computers

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

rymn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Advanced Analytics and Factory Computers

Post by rymn »

This may have to be a mod because it would add an entire world of complexity. There seems to be a lot of "smallest" and "compact" factories, but what we're missing if efficiency.

Advanced Analytics -
This will just show an overlay that could show stuff like how many of each resource go over a belt or moved by an inserter per minute, how many resources are idle and the average time on belts,ect.. basically you'll see waste.

Factory Computers -
This may compliment the above. My thought on this one is similar to the writing that already exists but much more complex. Basically for every assemblers you have a computer and you may want to have a computer for your whole factory. Computers will check levels in chests, waste on belts, use of assemblers, ect. Then you program the computers to work with either to start and stop belts(assuming that also gets added) and stage creation and querying of other resources so there isn't a nasty factory of pending resources just sitting on belts..

Kind of rough idea, but I had to write them down so I won't forget.

Xinvoker
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Advanced Analytics and Factory Computers

Post by Xinvoker »

I have a simple idea in that vein that could be easily included in the core game I think.

Sensor: You can place this in front of a transport belt( like an inserter) and it counts how many items per minute pass in front of it.
Optionally (but awesomely) it could even display a graph showing that over time.
Also optionally, it can start beeping/flashing if items/min fall under a set number.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Advanced Analytics and Factory Computers

Post by ssilk »

Implemented as statistics and parts of other stuff.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”