Put the release notes on the download page

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

silverdev2482
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Put the release notes on the download page

Post by silverdev2482 »

Add the release notes on the download page or a link to the download page.
TL;DR
Put the release notes on the download page.

What ?
I suggest putting the release notes as a link or the whole list in the text boxes on the release page. Putting the whole list may take up too much space so a link may be a better option

Here is what I would think for the release page should look like.

Download Factorio - Experimental - 1.1.74

This is the cutting edge "experimental" version. There might be some nasty bugs. Use on your own risk.

Be sure to report bugs on our forum!

If you are running a server, you can use this link to always download the latest experimental version.

Release Notes

(per platform download option available here)

As for why I'm asking, for some reason I was on the release page, probably to recommend the demo to a friend. I looked and saw an option for experimental. I wondered what the differences were and got confused for the next 30 seconds looking for the release notes an figured out they were on the forum. In my opinion that isn't the best site design and in some capacity the release notes should be available on the download page.

Note for mods: I'm not sure where suggestion for the website should go. The only other valid option seems to be the thread "this forum" however I hesitantly decide this would be a better place to put it.

silverdev2482
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Put the release notes on the download page

Post by silverdev2482 »

Using the power of inspect element, grim (a screen shotting tool for wayland), and gimp to crop off my other moniter I have made what I think it should look like

Normal website

What it might look like

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Put the release notes on the download page

Post by Sanqui »

This has been implemented!
ovo

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”