When replacing a Burner Inserter with another Burner Inserte

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

When replacing a Burner Inserter with another Burner Inserte

Post by Peter34 »

Currently you can't do that. But I'd like it to become possible, and for a very specific reason.

I often make Gun Turret clusters, with a central Iron Chest, 4 Inserters aroud it one in each direction, each Inserter feeding ammo into 1 Gun Turret.

If I'm doing this within electricity range, then I just use Electric Inserters or more often Fast Inserters. No problem.

But often I don't. Often there is no electrical power nearby, and that's when I use Burner Inserters instead. I place each down, give it 1 fuel, then put more fuel in the Iron Chest (usually Coal, sometimes Wood). That works too.

The problem is if a Gun Turret gets destroyed. Then the Burner Inserter will grab an item from the Iron Chest, and hold it ready. And after it's done that, when I come by to plonk down a replacement Gun Turret, the process of feeding of ammo into the Gun Turret stops, because the Burner Inserter is still holding the piece of Coal and trying to insert it into the Gun Turret, but the Gun Turret doesn't "want" Coal at all.

So to clear that up, I have to manually right-click (and hold down for about a second, if not longer!) on the Burner Inserter to remove it, then plonk down a new Burner Inserter.

It's be much easier and nicer (and faster!) if you could replace an Inserter with another of the exact same type but if when doing so, whatever item the Inserter is holding ready to move/insert is moved to my inventory.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: When replacing a Burner Inserter with another Burner Inserte

Post by ssilk »

I would change it to: Shift-F collects only items from inserters. Same usage case, more uses :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: When replacing a Burner Inserter with another Burner Inserte

Post by Peter34 »

ssilk wrote:I would change it to: Shift-F collects only items from inserters. Same usage case, more uses :)
Or even just Control+Click on an inserter, if the player character's cursor isn't already carrying an object.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”