Personal RoboPort - Ghost Items

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

selbie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Personal RoboPort - Ghost Items

Post by selbie »

Dear Devs,

I have been playing factorio quite a lot recently specially the 0.12 update is great!
The only problem or thing I am getting a bit frustrated with is building ghosts of items/entities.
Let me explain:

While I am building a factory I need to lay some belts, with my personal roboport I use the shift click build method (build ghost items and let the robots place them).
This feature works excellent as far I know, but the problem is that I often do not have enough belts to successfully build the complete belt.
When I am designing/placing ghost items the robots pick them up from my character which is fine, but when they take the last item I cannot (pre)build the rest of the ghost items.

I think it would be an good idea to have some sort of a ghost item so you can continue to ghost build your belts and other items, and that this item will disappear when you drop it or select another item.

What do you think?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Personal RoboPort - Ghost Items

Post by ssilk »

They plan to have a "book of blueprints" for 0.13. That solves this problem: Make a blueprint of a belt. This is stupid, but solves that problem and I'm sure the end-solution will be much more elegant than described here.

There is also a lot of discussion about the personal roboports in general: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=14246
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Personal RoboPort - Ghost Items

Post by TuckJohn »

This is really frustrating. I tend to just un-equip my power armor when that happens.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”