Music

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Music

Post by Wazzebu »

Hy guys !

First, your work is awesome ! I like so much the game and i very thankful to the french forum CPC ;)

My suggestion is simple: the possibility to listen my music during game. The game music is ok, but i play like several hours... it will be great to listen my music but with the sound effect of the game. Peraphs the possibility in the "option" to chose one folder with music ?

(Sorry if my english is not correct)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Music

Post by kovarex »

We can add more music to the game, but we need first to do some technical stuff, the music is all loaded upon game start and is consuming lot of memory already.
You can just simply turn the music off in the options (ambiente), and play the musing using your favorite music player.

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wazzebu »

Ok :D

Verbesity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Verbesity »

Is there any way the music could just be stored as files and pulled when needed so that you could just copy paste your own music files in? Not sure if it would be possible with this but I know The Sims does something similar with radios and sound systems where you can have them play your own custom music.

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

kovarex wrote:We can add more music to the game, but we need first to do some technical stuff, the music is all loaded upon game start and is consuming lot of memory already.
You can just simply turn the music off in the options (ambiente), and play the musing using your favorite music player.
Seriously, why that loading. It is a common standard to stream music from the harddrive instead, and should be very easy to do in your libraries. Store only short sounds in the memory.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

zlosynus wrote:
kovarex wrote:We can add more music to the game, but we need first to do some technical stuff, the music is all loaded upon game start and is consuming lot of memory already.
Seriously, why that loading. It is a common standard to stream music from the harddrive instead, and should be very easy to do in your libraries. Store only short sounds in the memory.
I know, but we will need to load the music in different thread, to avoid stuttering.

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

kovarex wrote:I know, but we will need to load the music in different thread, to avoid stuttering.
My guess would be that a good music library should implement this on its own, so you don't need to do it. I remember I was using fmod many years ago and it was extremely easy and fast.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”