Allow us to access Headless Directly without logging in.

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Allow us to access Headless Directly without logging in.

Post by Kane »

Just a small idea is to be able to access the Headless Binaries without needing to login. Be very useful :)

EDIT: To be more clear rather then logging in the headless server should just be open access to everyone. In fact be nice to have a latest url or directory structure. That way if we have scripts etc we don't have to keep checking the next version up etc.
Last edited by Kane on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Allow us to access Headless Directly without logging in.

Post by sillyfly »

You mean for downloading an update?
I remember a recent FFF said the link for the headless binary is valid for 10 minutes from the moment it's generated, should be long enough for you to generate it on your desktop, then send the link to your server...

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

sillyfly wrote:You mean for downloading an update?
I remember a recent FFF said the link for the headless binary is valid for 10 minutes from the moment it's generated, should be long enough for you to generate it on your desktop, then send the link to your server...
True but there is no need to have 10 min or 10 hours. It's not the client it should be open to anyone who wants to download it and run it. I think.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Kane wrote:
sillyfly wrote:You mean for downloading an update?
True but there is no need to have 10 min or 10 hours. It's not the client it should be open to anyone who wants to download it and run it. I think.
That's the idea, someone just has to do it.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”