Roomba

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Roomba

Post by DragonPox90210 »

Robots are great! so why not add these little helpers? The logistic robots take quite some time to unlock so these should be slightly easier to research. I thought these should be added after accidentally breaking a steel chest of 3.1k coal and having the contents explode everywhere, these guys could pick up any objects laying on the ground (on conveyor belts or under drills) and bring them to chests, and they would require a fuel source from their charging station, which could be fueled by coal or electricity and they would head there when low on charge. Maybe with the "logistics" research there could be smart roombas that can do the same things logistic robots can but with some limitations (for starters the fact that they're on the ground and have to maneuver around obstacles)--- speaking of logistic robots, regardless if roombas are added there should be a "tractor beam" research that lets logistic robots pick items up off the ground. :D

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Roomba

Post by Arakasi »

Very nice idea... cleaning robot... collect stuff which is omitted during infrastructure construction will be very useful.
Roomba robot with docking station where it is recharged and also where drops collected stuff

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Implemented with 0.11
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

klanticus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by klanticus »

ssilk wrote:Implemented with 0.11
The only way I found to make a robot collect items on the ground was using the Deconstruction Planner. Is there any way to make robots do that automatically?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Why? This can be dangerous for the bots!

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

What do you mean by dangerous? They already go and repair walls and turrets, do you think picking up stuff in the logistic area (which is even smaller than the construction area) would be any more dangerous? I think it would be really great if they would automatically pick up these leftover items.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I mean with dangerous: If the bots are automatically ordered to collect stuff outside of safe ground you are in big danger to loose them. For me this can be never an (simple) automatic.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”