A sort of multyplayer market.

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Stark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A sort of multyplayer market.

Post by Stark »

What about import and export between players factory as a sort of global(universal) market ,exemple if I need more iron I can exchange it with a near factory that maybe need copper .

just an idea ,sorry for my bad english :)

gl

regards

Stark

Ween
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: A sort of multyplayer market.

Post by Ween »

instead of a multiplayer market, you could make an alien/human trade market... I personally think that all the multiplayer feature should wait for a more advance version of the game !!!
---<@

Stark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stark »

well of course multyplayer is for an advanced version ,it was just an idea :)

i think it could be nice ,but I know it's pretty hard to make a multyplayer feature!

Mark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mark »

Ween wrote:instead of a multiplayer market, you could make an alien/human trade market... I personally think that all the multiplayer feature should wait for a more advance version of the game !!!
Actually I think we can have multiplayer already, adding new features shouldn't be a problem. Its all up to the developers though.
YT Channel (Minecraft + Factorio): http://www.youtube.com/user/NiceMarkMC
Factorio Tutorial Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... XTtCXiJjdn

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Necroing.

Actually I would say, it's implemented (we have a market, and it works somehow)... it is also used in the Scenario pack and more cannot be interpreted into this suggestion.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I actually had this idea a little while ago, a sort've global price list could be updated every week or so, with price changes based on players recorded transactions. Each player could send back their catalog of transaction and the price list adjusted based on demand/supply theories.

Problem would be that all maps are different, and it wouldn't be too difficult to setup some crazy scenario and flood the market. I've made a custom scenario which uses the market, and it works pretty well for its purpose (see newlands triple below) but i think it would be hard to implement on a larger scale.

Saying this i realise it could work for a single multiplayer map, with prices being adjusted on the fly based on whats being purchased and sold, It could sort've turn multiplayer into a analog of Offworld trading company, where you can compete via market power and manipulation of stock.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”