Idea: Player upgrades

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

HellEye
Inserter
Inserter

Idea: Player upgrades

Post by HellEye »

So, I had this idea yesterday. What if you can make player upgrades? The one that I was thinking is portable assembling machine. You could make it and be able to craft faster/ two things at the time. Maybe planed GPS will go to one of those slots to activate minimap? There could be health upgrade. Maybe second tier of flashlight? Basic one is fine, but if you wanna go destroy spawners in night you can barely see with it. So maybe it shouldn't be too much brighter, but light up area around you, not just in front. Some other ideas on upgrades can be added later. Right now I'm thinking on small portable requester chest, so no matter where you are (or maybe give it upgradable range) you can tell your robots what you need and they will bring it to you, so you won't run out of ammo so fast. And last idea for today: upgradable place/destroy/interact range.
It will be hard to make probably, but in alpha 0.5, or in full relase it might be nice to have.

So, probably good idea is to make list. I'll be updating it with my idead and any reply concepts.

-Portable assembling mashine
-Better flashlight
-More health
-Portable requestor
-Range upgrade
-Running speed
-Night vision
-Melee attack speed/damage
-Personal shield

@edit last: 25.02 added some ideas from reply.
Last edited by HellEye on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Idea: Player upgrades

Post by orbito »

It makes sense, since the game is about technology and research. It might be interesting to eventually be able to upgrade the character with cybernetic implants and better equipment. It might be nice to be able to increase player run speed, add night-vision optics, increase melee damage and speed. And of course, new types of gadgets like laser guns and personal shields.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Idea: Player upgrades

Post by ssilk »

Necroing!

This was before the character had a suite with slots. I think most stuff on this list is implemented, others could be implemented by mods, the rest is too old and should be re-suggested if needed.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”