Return point for logistic robots

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Return point for logistic robots

Post by rk84 »

As I'm adventuring in wilderness, I sometimes order stuff from base. Like 100 rockets and tasty fish. So after awhile I get my order and send some of the robots back with alien artifacts, but most of them will stay and are defenceless against aliens. Now. I could collect them, but I realise my next order will take twice as long to fulfill.

So it would be nice if you could set resting/idling beacon for robots to return to. Or instead just beacon It could also be repair bay that uses steel to repair robots.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Return point for logistic robots

Post by Mysteria9 »

A good suggestion!
It could be a hatch in the ground where they fly down to an underground garage when idle. Would be neat! :)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

One of the ideas for the logistic robots we had was that they would use some sort of energy (like batteries or so). And when running low they would need to find the closest "hangar" where they would recharge their batteries.

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

slpwnd wrote:One of the ideas for the logistic robots we had was that they would use some sort of energy (like batteries or so). And when running low they would need to find the closest "hangar" where they would recharge their batteries.
Sounds neat! That would also add a little more to power management, which is nice.
IMO the batteries should be very weak at first but can be upgraded through research.

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DragonPox90210 »

while talking about return points, could it be made that they can be assigned to certain assemblers or requester chests?

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

slpwnd wrote:One of the ideas for the logistic robots we had was that they would use some sort of energy (like batteries or so). And when running low they would need to find the closest "hangar" where they would recharge their batteries.

i like :D it also gives the logistics robots a finite range, you'd have to program in so that the robots don't go too far away from the closest hangar. it would suck if they died and crashed on their way back (or there if its far enough away)

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

DragonPox90210 wrote:while talking about return points, could it be made that they can be assigned to certain assemblers or requester chests?
This idea came to my mind too. Like when you place the robot with right-click, if clicked over chest it would get assigned.
Dakkanor wrote:

i like :D it also gives the logistics robots a finite range, you'd have to program in so that the robots don't go too far away from the closest hangar. it would suck if they died and crashed on their way back (or there if its far enough away)
Yea it would suck if they drop your artifacts middle of nowhere. :lol:
I wouldn't mind if they cheated that bit with infinite energy for recharge trip.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

And I would like them to land too