Random seed option for initial map generation?

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JoeOh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Random seed option for initial map generation?

Post by JoeOh »

(I tried to search for this topic but I may have missed it. If this has already been discussed then link me to the thread.)

Whenever a map is first created you have the options of selecting the random amounts of ore, trees, and enemy bases and what not. But I was wondering if there could be a random seed number option could be added to create the same map for yourself or others to play on? Of course changing the ore/tree/enemy's settings would affect the outcome of the map even if the same random number seed was used as before.

BTW, just got this game a few days ago after playing the demo.....and of course I'm INSTANTLY hooked. I'm one of you all now ;) All Hail The Developers!
Bear witness to the wonder and mystery of.....The Black Module-

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Random seed option for initial map generation?

Post by Dysoch »

JoeOh wrote:(I tried to search for this topic but I may have missed it. If this has already been discussed then link me to the thread.)

Whenever a map is first created you have the options of selecting the random amounts of ore, trees, and enemy bases and what not. But I was wondering if there could be a random seed number option could be added to create the same map for yourself or others to play on? Of course changing the ore/tree/enemy's settings would affect the outcome of the map even if the same random number seed was used as before.

BTW, just got this game a few days ago after playing the demo.....and of course I'm INSTANTLY hooked. I'm one of you all now ;) All Hail The Developers!
this is already implemented for v0.10 :P
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Random seed option for initial map generation?

Post by slay_mithos »

The seed is more or less planned, but a bit more than just a plain seed, as it will also configure all the map generation fields, to be able to play the same map completely.

Not certain when it is planned for though, but the devs already told us about this.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”