Suggestion: New Robots

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Suggestion: New Robots

Post by Shaymes »

my english is not the best and i hope you will understand what i mean;

we all love robots and here are my suggestions for new types of robots :)

Civilian Robots
Cleaner Robot - pick up items from the ground and items from the player that they dont want to have it in his inventory and bring them to a storage chests, maybe green roboport area (be carefull to pickup alien artefacts)

Military Robots - own range of roboports ( maybe yellow line around) that can be inreased by research
Laser Robot - fire laser but drains fast the energy of the robot so they cant fire very long
Gunnery Robot - need and fire normal/pierced bullets, dont need energy to fire that they can stay longer in a fight as a laser robot
maybe outher types of weapons like flamethrower rocktes shootgun etc

thx for reading
redgards Shaymes
Mining Drill Operator

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Suggestion: New Robots

Post by Gammro »

Shaymes wrote:my english is not the best and i hope you will understand what i mean;

we all love robots and here are my suggestions for new types of robots :)

Civilian Robots
Cleaner Robot - pick up items from the ground and items from the player that they dont want to have it in his inventory and bring them to a storage chests, maybe green roboport area (be carefull to pickup alien artefacts)
Not sure if this is better as a function for logistics bots. It suits them, but you might not always want your logistics bots to pick up everything laying on the ground.(They can do my room though :P)
Military Robots - own range of roboports ( maybe yellow line around) that can be inreased by research
Laser Robot - fire laser but drains fast the energy of the robot so they cant fire very long
Gunnery Robot - need and fire normal/pierced bullets, dont need energy to fire that they can stay longer in a fight as a laser robot
maybe outher types of weapons like flamethrower rocktes shootgun etc
I like this just for the potential badass factor.
Ignore this

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alfdaur »

Shaymes wrote:Civilian Robots
This would probably cause problems with belt systems. Since items on the belt are also on the ground. So these robots would try to pick up everything from the belt.

nepp95
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nepp95 »

Alfdaur wrote:
This would probably cause problems with belt systems. Since items on the belt are also on the ground. So these robots would try to pick up everything from the belt.
Simple line of code can prevent that. I assume the dev's have thought about a speed variable on items.

Code: Select all

If (Speed = 0) {
Pickup = true;
} else {
Pickup = false;
}
-EDIT-
Ofcourse they can also just be laying still on belts.. Stupid me...

Code: Select all

If (Speed = 0 && !OnBelt) {
Pickup = true;
} else {
Pickup = false;
}
Of course the 2nd variable has to be present to.
Last edited by nepp95 on Thu May 22, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Alfdaur wrote:
Not correct. There is of course a difference between items on ground and items on belt. They are in a different collision mask.

Btw: There have already been ideas about it: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ots#p13572
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

im sry about that i suggest something that are already suggested ther e are tons of suggestion and i tried words in the search menu but my english is realy bad im sry about that :(
Mining Drill Operator

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alfdaur »

Oh... Sorry, I thought it was impossible or hard to program. Seems like I thought wrong. :)

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

ssilk wrote:Not correct. There is of course a difference between items on ground and items on belt. They are in a different collision mask.
Actually, this is not correct, either. Well yes there is obviously a difference, but it is not a different collision mask.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I thought you can filter items over that masks?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Depends on how you define "filter". The masks are used to determine which entities would collide with which.

https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... ision_mask
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... lisionMask

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Yes, colliding with a floor-layer vs. colliding with the ground-tile... ?? But well, this gets too technical here.... :)

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

[necro] Implemented. Deconstruction of items, active provider chests, combat robots.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”