A 'send to store' list for the player and logistics network

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Paul
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A 'send to store' list for the player and logistics network

Post by Paul »

A player "send to store" list where the items are removed from the players inventory and sent back to the Logistics Network.

If I want to keep only 20 telephone poles then I could put telephone poles in the send to store list with a volume of 20. If I get more than 20 then a logistic robot will come and take them away.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A 'send to store' list for the player and logistics netw

Post by Nova »

I don't think that this has a high priority. You can place an active provider chest, fill it with the things you don't want and wait a few seconds.

Yeah, that would be nice, but like I said, it's not really important. ^^
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

sww1235
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sww1235 »

Ok so that is what the active chests are for. Good job i read the suggestions before posting this same topic

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

This thread was made sticky at the top of the subforum. This (often) means that the Devs want to remember this suggestion and will (maybe) implement it soon.

Maybe they did think that this is more important than I did think of. Well, different opinions. :D
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This was already suggested many times before.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Nova wrote:This thread was made sticky at the top of the subforum. This (often) means that the Devs want to remember this suggestion and will (maybe) implement it soon.

Maybe they did think that this is more important than I did think of. Well, different opinions. :D
Not sure if soon, but yes, this is obvious thing that we want :)

faloun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by faloun »

Paul wrote:A player "send to store" list where the items are removed from the players inventory and sent back to the Logistics Network.

If I want to keep only 20 telephone poles then I could put telephone poles in the send to store list with a volume of 20. If I get more than 20 then a logistic robot will come and take them away.
I think it would be neat if you could drop excess items (that you just wanted to put in storage) on your logistics bar and have it function in the same way as an active provider chest. Or maybe just give 1-5 slots in the character inventory that functioned like that.

ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ofca »

Here's my proposition:

Example

When adding item to logistics request, there's a new checkbox that when checked, causes surplus items to be returned. Use example:
adding transport belt to logistics request with 0 items and checkbox checked causes every transport belt you pick up to be immediately returned to logistics network.

This should be easier on the interface.

Another idea to approach the player being active/passive box would be adding one or two more tool slots (after researching it maybe?) for chests. You could place active or passive logistics chests into these slots -- maybe with slot limit, should this be important from design stand-point (this would effectively double player's storage otherwise)

Wyrm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wyrm »

I like this idea. After all, logistics is more than "gimme moar stuff!" It means having the right amount of stuff in the right place at the right time.

Twisted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twisted »

Wyrm wrote:I like this idea. After all, logistics is more than "gimme moar stuff!" It means having the right amount of stuff in the right place at the right time.
Exactly, robots should take away unneeded stuff right from the inventory without the need to place active chest and put it in there.

Maybe if you request 40 small power poles it will send the extra away so you always end up with said 40 even if picking up more. Some sort of "get this out of my inv"-slot would be good too.

BlaatMekker
Inserter
Inserter

Re: A 'send to store' list for the player and logistics network

Post by BlaatMekker »

Instead of defining overflow quantities for specific items, I'd personally prefer a generic box where I can dump any item I want. It'd basically be a personal active provider chest.

Right now I have to each time place a active provider chest, place in my stuff, and then wait for the items to be picked up. Most times I don't want to wait for the bots to pick up the stuff so I just walk away. My base is full of stray random active provider chests.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

I think this could be moved to the "already implemented" forum

codewarrior
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by codewarrior »

katyal wrote:I think this could be moved to the "already implemented" forum
No, I still want extra items past my request limit to go into the trash slots when I pick them up or when they are deconstructed by my personal bots. Logistics does mean "having the right amount of stuff" and not just "having lots and lots of stuff".

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”