Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by YuokiTani »

a very small improvement steps to version 0.2.40

- small accumulators in recipes removed, still as entity aviable until you break them -> falls backs to wired capacitor
- wired capacitors now used in recipes for better accumulators
- energy store difference between standard and (M,B)CD - accumulators is now smaller, but more difference in load and unload
- flux-compensator now back to original intended 2.5 MW flux-rate ^^
- a new Substation called AEET - Area Effect Energy Transmission is included, expands energy supply area to 60x60
- the good old 4R-Inserter has a new graphic and break back into the 4R-Inserter (the red cable side is the taken from side)
- and new Inserter can also found in this recipe line - faster the blue, but without any logic.

changed/added gfx

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

I haven't played Factorio in quite some time what with Fallout 4 and what not and the holiday season. I'm excited to explore the changes you've made to the mod as well as the new icons the devs implemented in the vanilla game. I had problem loading PFW with the newest version of Factorio, something nil or another. I tried rerolling to an earlier version but gave up and just removed PFW for now, since I haven't really built anything from that. I'm glad that you added better bots as well as faster inserter to your mod. I know that others have them, but like you I really don't want to have a bunch of mods installed just to get 1 or 2 things I want. I'm also super excited for the giant substation. The graphics you've added are impress as always. I appreciate your work with the mod. Thanks :D

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Thank You for the Feedback.
Next version will remove the last annoying thing for me ... missing a roboport with greater radius. and maybe i make a new beacon with 1 or 2 more tiles range - not more. but i still undecided about the balance ... 2 or 1 module-slot :)

the robots and the inserter are faster as normal, but not better as some mods provide - and i made this on purpose.

i know if i had bought Fallout 4 i had lost a huge amount of time in it, so i avoid to buy it :) - not very clever ^^

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

The robots are as ridiculous as other mods, though good enough to drastically lower the number of robots needed thus boosting fps, which I like. I would like a roboport with a larger radius, though with the speed of the robots, that's not really a huge deal. I don't mind the beacon's range that much, though I would love a beacon with better efficiency, maybe 75% instead of the current 50%, maybe more. I feel like a beacon with 100% mod efficiency is a bit overpowered even with minimal range. I don't know if you use radar, but I use a lot of them and a radar with a huge range is something your mod is missing. I use Radar 2.0 and that's a very simple mod that adds just that, so I have that cover, but if you're looking for something to add that vanilla is missing.

-The Research Center is amazing. All the spinning parts make it looks so cool. The insane pollution and obscene power requirement is nice to work around. I do enjoy the building like the Research Center and ones generating Reputation, the kinds of building that just suck up power and produce something very valuable very slowly. It really drives home the idea of power as a resource.

-The recipe for Alien Blood bottling and exchange has been changed, I remember you were talking about that way back when to lower the cost of Iron or something. Steam is only generated by the Overheater right(?) I'm not sure how balanced the production chain of that is yet, I have too much Blood stored up, but from the MASSIVE amount of icons in the farming tab, I'm assuming you're planning on adding ton of uses for Blood eventually. I do like the ability to bottle all the other liquids, I remembered asking for that.

-I finally ran across the problem of Slag shortage. Blue/Green pellets and pinkblocks(I still haven't learned its name and I probably won't ever LoL) from pinkdusts are the only ways to make Slag, right? I think my Slag shortage comes from Lachnan-Crystal production, which are now useful in a ton of high end things. Have you found a way around this beside making a bunch of pellets for the hell of it? The pinkblocks from pinkdusts route requires a massive amount of Crushers, I've done that before and it was a bit silly.

-I fixed the problem with PFW by changing game.on_ from the control.lua file to script.on_ It's the same problem as with some of my other mod.

That's all for now. I feel the need to rebuild everything, but I'm too lazy to start a new world. :D

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote: -I finally ran across the problem of Slag shortage. Blue/Green pellets and pinkblocks(I still haven't learned its name and I probably won't ever LoL) from pinkdusts are the only ways to make Slag, right? I think my Slag shortage comes from Lachnan-Crystal production, which are now useful in a ton of high end things. Have you found a way around this beside making a bunch of pellets for the hell of it? The pinkblocks from pinkdusts route requires a massive amount of Crushers, I've done that before and it was a bit silly.
-I fixed the problem with PFW by changing game.on_ from the control.lua file to script.on_ It's the same problem as with some of my other mod.
That's all for now. I feel the need to rebuild everything, but I'm too lazy to start a new world. :D
I checked the recipes and you are right, but i have 107K of slag in my savegame and now i think why ? I thought i had slag production also as byproduct smelting pure-iron/copper ^^
i can add next version a recipe where you can crush stone and smelt this into slag.

Farming: yes, i have added the items and icons to remember what i want todo :) - no recipes behind at the moment, but you can see it features as example organic-metal so following weird ideas you can grow and harvest bioorganic-metal to build maybe an armour or living wall ... but all relays more on imagination instead of real coded things in factorio atm.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

I've always wanted to build a Quantrinum Reactor of some kind, so this is the first thing I built upon my return. Luckily this time it actually worked. The Reactor produces obscene amount of MF using Instable Quantrinum, 500 every 2 seconds, so much so that it's impossible to suck out with pipes of any kinds. I don't know how fluid dynamics in vanilla works, so I have no idea how YI fluids work. However, transporting MF fluid with any pipes seem impossible over any distance over 5 blocks, the pressure drops off completely. Therefore, canning the MF was the only option.
Quantrinum power
I have not tested to see how many Rheinsbergs a single Reactor can support. It was doing fine with 8 before I added all the silly mods. I have 10 Rheinsbergs running right now, which produces 600MW or so. I can't add any more Gearboxes or Rensuirs to a Rheinsberg, I remember 5 was about as much as 1 can handle. Right now I'm just trying to get rid of as many Quantrinum was possible. I don't know if it's a mistake but you can trade 7 Cook Meat for 1 Quantrinum, which is crazy since I still have that massive Cage/Farm set up. I could have sworn the old recipe was something like 200 cooked meat for 1 quantrinum. My old Gate setup had 2 rows of long arm inserters on all 4 sides putting cooked meat into the gate.

P.S. I love the new slag tile's graphic. It really does look like compacted rocks/dirt.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

I show here my first setup before upload - still temp graphics
Screenshot 1 year ago
and the later version, but removed some pipes for some reason, but worked this way.
Screenshot today
it was designed as massive MF output, how you handle this lay in your hands. but designed from this layout, to make a big chunk of generators at one place :)
this design needs careful hands, because it can collaps very fast, and to restart you need remove pipes ^^
use of rheinsbergs or other heaters is the easy way :)

Slag Gfx - if i remember correct i have recolored the original concrete and overlayed something ^^ ... was in august 2015 ... hard to remember :)

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Honestly, those red and blue generators were the reason I downloaded YI. Lol.

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

Sooooo finally. With your new version of the engine-mod i get the TMFW Engine to work flawlessly. I use void-pipes at the turbine. Works like a charm.
Attachments
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (196.36 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
YuokiTani Fanboy.

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

Oh. I also have a suggestion.

I want a burner. But not just a burner. A marvellous blend of human and alien technologies. That thing should be big, like 8 x 8 tiles big. And look like a techno-volcano thingamajing. Totally expensive. Huuuge energy consumption and pollution production and a equally high throughput.

May it even be possible, that its also an logistic chest, so that the robots can put in their stuff directly? Probably not, but i wanted to ask anyway.

Yeah. I would like that. :D :D
YuokiTani Fanboy.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

SKleen75 wrote:Sooooo finally. With your new version of the engine-mod i get the TMFW Engine to work flawlessly. I use void-pipes at the turbine. Works like a charm.
You were supposed to recycle the water =)
SKleen75 wrote:Oh. I also have a suggestion.

I want a burner. But not just a burner. A marvellous blend of human and alien technologies. That thing should be big, like 8 x 8 tiles big. And look like a techno-volcano thingamajing. Totally expensive. Huuuge energy consumption and pollution production and a equally high throughput.

May it even be possible, that its also an logistic chest, so that the robots can put in their stuff directly? Probably not, but i wanted to ask anyway.

Yeah. I would like that. :D :D
What would this burner do exactly? Burn all things you considered trash?
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:
SKleen75 wrote:Sooooo finally. With your new version of the engine-mod i get the TMFW Engine to work flawlessly. I use void-pipes at the turbine. Works like a charm.
You were supposed to recycle the water =)
and you can also void with benefit - if you would use a primary generator instead of void pipes

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

Ah. Wrong spelling. Smelter, not burner. Sorry.

Smelting my gigatons of purified iron, copper and shit.

"You were supposed to recycle the water =)"

Well, it fit´s so i sit.
YuokiTani Fanboy.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Ah, well there is no such smelter, but something can be made that is a composite entity I suppose. All depends if Yuoki is willing. :D

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

Hello again.

I have a question. Why are the YI-Constuction Robots not using the Durotal-Repairset and the Airat9000 to repair my broken shit?

They only use the vanilla repair stuff.

Best regards
SKleen75

PS: Love your mod.
YuokiTani Fanboy.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

I would actually like a super smelter of some sort. Multiple input. Multiple output. All kinds of alien metallurgical combination. Though, honestly I much rather see what Yuoki got in plans for farming part of the mod. Maybe the giant smelter will smelt organic and inorganic materials together to make freaky incorrectly spelled alien thingies with vague descriptions. Lol.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

SKleen75 wrote:Hello again.

I have a question. Why are the YI-Constuction Robots not using the Durotal-Repairset and the Airat9000 to repair my broken shit?

They only use the vanilla repair stuff.

Best regards
SKleen75

PS: Love your mod.
It's a known issue. Nothing can be done about it until the game internal is fixed to use "repair" type and not a type of repair, which is hard coded.
MantisShrimp wrote:I would actually like a super smelter of some sort. Multiple input. Multiple output. All kinds of alien metallurgical combination. Though, honestly I much rather see what Yuoki got in plans for farming part of the mod. Maybe the giant smelter will smelt organic and inorganic materials together to make freaky incorrectly spelled alien thingies with vague descriptions. Lol.
Yes, doable but would need code.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Sure a big/huge smelter is possible, but smelting is a own category. That's why i don't smelt blue-dust into pellets etc. and use instead the Form-Press.
I'am not sure if the smelting-category allow more input than 1 item-stack, but i can look and try this out.

Avoiding Code for the Main-Mod is in my opinion necessary to continue the mod.
i don't trust the factorio-devs - changeing internals can break all code results in break the mod and atm Fatmice is needed to fix it :)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Could be added to YI-Engines. As for smelting recipes, I can hard code it to read from a table. You can make it so the larger smelter give a slightly different amount of product due to batching but require much more energy. The exact implementation is in my head but fairly simple and not too complicated. What's complicated will be the multi-entities needed, namely logistic chests, accumulators, and storage tanks for working with liquid recipes.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

YuokiTani wrote:Sure a big/huge smelter is possible, but smelting is a own category. That's why i don't smelt blue-dust into pellets etc. and use instead the Form-Press.
I'am not sure if the smelting-category allow more input than 1 item-stack, but i can look and try this out.

Avoiding Code for the Main-Mod is in my opinion necessary to continue the mod.
i don't trust the factorio-devs - changeing internals can break all code results in break the mod and atm Fatmice is needed to fix it :)
Well, whatever you add, I hope it has a bunch of spinning things and flashing lights. Spinning things and flashing lights are cool.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”