Bug reports

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

TheRenegade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bug reports

Post by TheRenegade »

orzelek wrote:
ShadowDawn wrote:Hi, this isn't really a bug report, but i would like to ask if it's possible to get support for the new 5Dim ores mod?

Not allowed to post links yet, but you should be able to find it on their website (5dimmod)

(Their forum post isn't updated with Ores yet)
I can take a look - I'd rather wait till mod becomes more official since they didn't ask for the support themselves.
I'd love to see some support for 5Dim ores mod, I'm starting a playthrough with it and it seems like RSO would go nicely

ritonlajoie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ritonlajoie »

+1 for 5dim ores support :)

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

TheRenegade wrote:
orzelek wrote:
ShadowDawn wrote:Hi, this isn't really a bug report, but i would like to ask if it's possible to get support for the new 5Dim ores mod?

Not allowed to post links yet, but you should be able to find it on their website (5dimmod)

(Their forum post isn't updated with Ores yet)
I can take a look - I'd rather wait till mod becomes more official since they didn't ask for the support themselves.
I'd love to see some support for 5Dim ores mod, I'm starting a playthrough with it and it seems like RSO would go nicely
Still the same trouble :/ RSO 1.5.3 and all 5'dim (with bob's library)
bugfacto.PNG
bugfacto.PNG (510.38 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Released 1.5.4 that should work with 5dim ores - I'm not sure if it will work in any configuration of 5dim mods. Tested it with complete set only.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

orzelek wrote:I did a quick test and it worked for me in both starting area and outside it.
Did you try on more maps? Technically if resource rolls as sparse enough it might not have infinite parts.

If it doesn't work for you anyway I'd need your save to check it out.
I generated several more maps and also checked patches outside of the starting area, none of them contained infinite uranium ore. I even set the richness to very high in the config screen. My modpack is located at https://github.com/Pandemoneus/Farlands . I have attached a world save.
Attachments
NoInfUranium.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Which mod adds the uranium ore? Nucular? Then it "should" be there, will check on that

Edit: RSO is missing a resource config for nucular, that maybe the problem

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:Which mod adds the uranium ore? Nucular? Then it "should" be there, will check on that

There is a nucular configuration and it's lodaded based on presence of uranium-ore.

It seems that angels processing/refining mighe be the culprit here - I'm investigating now.
If you run only nucular uranium ore thats generated looks completely different and it works then.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:Which mod adds the uranium ore? Nucular? Then it "should" be there, will check on that

There is a nucular configuration and it's lodaded based on presence of uranium-ore.

It seems that angels processing/refining mighe be the culprit here - I'm investigating now.
If you run only nucular uranium ore thats generated looks completely different and it works then.
Ok when I implanted and tested it, it worked fine. Hmm oh yes it will look different, I do change the ore-sheet for the uranium.

Edit: With just my mods, Nucular and RSO it works.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:

Ok when I implanted and tested it, it worked fine. Hmm oh yes it will look different, I do change the ore-sheet for the uranium.

I can confirm that it does, however as soon as you add Bob's mods it stops working.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Ok yeah I know where the bug is, I excluded the files from being loaded when using my refining. So I either have to add the block for the nucular ores to angelsinfinite ores even when using the refining or include the nucular in my refining mod so you can get it from the refining.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:

I did some testing and I will need to hand this one over to you.
If I have only angels infinite ores 0.1.3 it works properly.
When I add processing 0.1.1 and refining 0.1.1 infinite-uranium-ore doesn't exist anymore - but only if also using bob's mods. Can confirm that with only Nucular it works properly.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:

I did some testing and I will need to hand this one over to you.
If I have only angels infinite ores 0.1.3 it works properly.
When I add processing 0.1.1 and refining 0.1.1 infinite-uranium-ore doesn't exist anymore - but only if also using bob's mods. Can confirm that with only Nucular it works properly.
Got the error, my mistake for not including it/or already add it to my refining mod. Making the changes now. Any other ores I should add? :D

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

"Should be fixed" - new versions of angelsinfiniteores, angelsrefining and angelsprocessing are up. To solve the error you need to update ores and refining. Uranium ore will now come from the refining process like all the other ores. Will add an advanced recipes for mod ores later on.

Bug-C
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

problems on linux

Post by Bug-C »

I tried the mod on linux and get the error "__rso-mod__/control.lua:576: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)"

This happens if I load an existing game (with or without rso being used within this game) and also when starting a new game.

In order to install the mod on linux I had to change the name of the distribution archive from "zz-rso.zip" to "rso-mod_1.0.2.zip" else the mod was not found correctly (and my game did not start).

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

orzelek wrote:Released 1.5.4 that should work with 5dim ores - I'm not sure if it will work in any configuration of 5dim mods. Tested it with complete set only.
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: problems on linux

Post by Arch666Angel »

Bug-C wrote:I tried the mod on linux and get the error "__rso-mod__/control.lua:576: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)"

This happens if I load an existing game (with or without rso being used within this game) and also when starting a new game.

In order to install the mod on linux I had to change the name of the distribution archive from "zz-rso.zip" to "rso-mod_1.0.2.zip" else the mod was not found correctly (and my game did not start).
Update to the freaking current version. Where did you get that release from?

Bug-C
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bug-C »

ha! funny enough, google pointed me to viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4761 where I scrolled and found the download. I did not see the disclaimer that this is rather old.

I tried with the version found at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=13783 and you are right everything is fine.

Sorry for the distraction and thank you for your time answering me and to all that contributed to create this mod! (perhaps you could make it even clearer to people like me that the old threads are basically barren - e.g. by removing the entire first post and only forwarding to the currently active thread).

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

As requested:

RSO seems to detect creatine, but it's not installed.

The mods zip: https://houseofsteinert.no-ip.org/mods.zip

I removed Yuoki Railway core 0.0.7 and the train addons because of file size.
If you can't find anything i will add them again.

Removed:
"name": "yi_railway",
"name": "z_yira_3aus_cw10k",
"name": "z_yira_4a_cw_steel",
"name": "z_yira_6a_maai1",
"name": "z_yira_american",
"name": "z_yira_br110orange",
"name": "z_yira_br110red",
"name": "z_yira_emdf7",
"name": "z_yira_mre044",
"name": "z_yira_UP",
"name": "z_yira_v100green",
"name": "z_yira_yuokirails"

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Thanks steinio - I found the culprit.
You can disregard the message and play without problems - it's an effect of RSO trying to support 2 different replicator mods - both have rare earth but only one has creatine. And it's in same config file now so it tried to look for it.

PS.
Someone is actually using straight world option :D I thought it's a funny small feature that noone will enable ;)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Thanks for your work.

What do you mean with 'straight world" option?
I'm using an extra mod for that. Don't say you have this implemented.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”