possible generation problem

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

milo159
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

possible generation problem

Post by milo159 »

so, i recently got factorio, and decided that i want to make it harder on myself. this mod advertized having to make systems much larger by spreading the ores out more, so i downloaded and enabled it, and literally 20 feet from where i spawned, there were massive veins of everything. i generated 2 more worlds, and still had that. i will attach a screenshot. i'm not sure if i need to alter configs or change settings or what, but i'd like some help figuring it out, because i'm not incredible at coding or most things related.
Attachments
20160715155621_1.jpg
20160715155621_1.jpg (830.18 KiB) Viewed 2656 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: possible generation problem

Post by orzelek »

You got me confused here.
You are complaining about whats called starting resources. You have some of them to have a start that allows you to build stuff/research things so that you can go out and build trains to get more.

If you feel there are to many/to numerous you have 3 options to tweak those:
1. Use the config settings for richness multiplier - starting area one will modify those first fields, other one is for rest of resources.
2. Reduce the resource richness and/or size when setting up new game.
3. Set starting area to none when setting up new game - no starting resources are generated then.

milo159
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by milo159 »

okay, i guess i assumed that the starting resources would be less than in vanilla by default from what i read, thanks for clearing up that i need to alter the configs to do that.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Current vanilla generation is... strange. It's different then before but can actually be more scarce then RSO sometimes.
It should be enough to use map settings on new game dialog to get lower richness and/or size if you want to have starting resources really scarce.

milo159
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by milo159 »

well i've made it so the starting area resources spawn much lower in richness, but that doesnt stop the veins from spawning like MAD, maybe 5 of each type on my starting minimap. is that supposed to happen?

milo159
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by milo159 »

well, more like 15. and this is with frequency set to very low for everything

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

There should be 1-2 starting veins in start area.
Please post the save and mods or map string if you are using only RSO so I can check it out.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”