Resources explored with command display incorrectly on map

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

orost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Resources explored with command display incorrectly on map

Post by orost »

Something I noticed with RSO but never happens in vanilla: if you explore the map using game.player.force.chart, you'll often end up with resource patches looking like this on the map:

Looks like botched generation, but it isn't, because if you actually walk there and get within normal exploration range you'll see how it actually looks:

I'm not sure what RSO has to do with the map display, but I've never seen this happen without RSO, so I'm posting here.

Factorio 0.13.10, RSO 2.0.5, custom config with

Code: Select all

region_size = 20	

absolute_resource_chance = 0.80

global_richness_mult = 2	
global_size_mult = 2	
Unfortunately I don't have the map exchange string for the map in the screenshots, I accidentally overwrote the save, sorry.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Resources explored with command display incorrectly on map

Post by orzelek »

It's a game bug that you might need to live with.
I noticed it some time ago and it's an artifact of how RSO generates the ores. Minimap chunk view updates only for generated chunk while ore patch might be bigger - rest of it needs to be "seen" again to be marked on minimap (it's my guess on whats happening).
If you have radar it will rescan the area at some point and fix it too. Or you can use rechart command but that will disable the local achievements.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”