Error while running event on chunk_generated

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Error while running event on chunk_generated

Post by iceman_1212 »

I got the error below while I had a FARL on cruise. I would suspect that the relevant mods are FARL and Big Brother but full mod list included below as well, in case helpful. Lmk if any additional information helpful for diagnosing.

Edit: I just loaded my autosave and realized that the FARL was not moving as I'd run out of landfill. So FARL likely not relevant.
Edit 2: RESOLVED, Richness exponent manually set too high in config.lua

Mods:

Last edited by iceman_1212 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Error while running event on chunk_generated

Post by orzelek »

Please make sure that you have unmodified version of RSO from mod portal.
I'm looking at the code and line 807 doesn't spawn any resources. And spawn code has explicit protection to check if amount is more then 0 before it tries to spawn deposit so something strange is going on. It might be that line numbers are off in the exception.

I would need all your mods and save file to see whats going on exactly.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

You are right, I had changed the richness exponent to something stupidly high (I made it 100) and I guess it was resulting in an overflow error? I made it a much lower number and I no longer get the error on my save. Many thanks!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Fluid code also checks for going above 1e9 and caps at that value.
Maybe it's to high and should be lowered :D
Could you check if you change the check at line 788 to 1e8 if crash will still appear with previous exponents?
Technically resources are on 32 bit values I think so 1e9 should work and not overflow but I might be wrong.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

Sh*t! I totally did this and forgot to respond. Changing the value from 1e9 to 1e8 still resulted in the crash for me - this is using 0.14 and the corresponding RSO (i.e., from a month or so ago). Sorry for delay, orzelek

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

iceman_1212 wrote:Sh*t! I totally did this and forgot to respond. Changing the value from 1e9 to 1e8 still resulted in the crash for me - this is using 0.14 and the corresponding RSO (i.e., from a month or so ago). Sorry for delay, orzelek
I'm hiding the exponent from mod setting for this reason... or alternatively I should make it available and heavily limit value range :D

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”