[0.15.*] Feedback topic

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.*] Feedback topic

Post by TheSAguy »

Thanks.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Would it be possible to get a config switch in-game for "multi_resource_active"? By default this is set to true in config.lua.

Also, for whatever reason most of my maps are generating coal patches in a straight line to the left of the starting area. I've tried removing other mods, and default RSO settings with no map gen adjustments. Latest version.

Just make a new world and type:
/c game.speed = 50
/c game.forces.player.chart(game.player.surface, {{x = -4096, y = -256}, {x = 4096, y = 256}})

Then look to the left, if it doesn't happen restart and try again. Easier to see with water off and multi resources disabled.
Last edited by Tyrindor on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

https://i.imgur.com/aIUTD9V.png

Screenshot example. This is default RSO and map settings.

This example is with multi_resource_active = false in config.lua as it shows the problem easier. It's always to the left of the spawn zone, and always coal.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Tyrindor wrote:https://i.imgur.com/aIUTD9V.png

This example is with multi_resource_active = false in config.lua as it shows the problem easier. It's always to the left of the spawn zone, and always coal.
I'm looking into it and there is some freaky thing happening that makes seed 0 in regions along the negative x axis. I'll look a bit more to try and find the cause and release new version with added setting.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

orzelek wrote:

I'm looking into it and there is some freaky thing happening that makes seed 0 in regions along the negative x axis. I'll look a bit more to try and find the cause and release new version with added setting.
Really appreciate the fast reply. I was going to start a new map and saw this issue when looking for a good spawn. Hope to see the new version soon, excited to start playing. :)

I notice on some seeds even the biters seem to spawn in favor of the negative X axis, right along the same coal path. Maybe the same issue, but could also be RNG.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Tyrindor wrote:
orzelek wrote:

Really appreciate the fast reply. I was going to start a new map and saw this issue when looking for a good spawn. Hope to see the new version soon, excited to start playing. :)

I notice on some seeds even the biters seem to spawn in favor of the negative X axis, right along the same coal path. Maybe the same issue, but could also be RNG.
New version is up and it should be more random along X axis. I'm still not 100% sure what was happening but it seems like some kind math overflow when calculating seed that caused it to be 0 or 2^32/2 for some reason. It fixed my test case... which doesn't mean it will fix all of those. If you find a new one please post the map seed.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Code: Select all

>>>AAAPACIAAAABAQcAAAAEAAAAY29hbAEFBQoAAABjb3BwZXItb3Jl
AQUFCQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAEFBQoAAABlbmVteS1iYXNlAgUDCAAAAGl
yb24tb3JlAQUFBQAAAHN0b25lAQUFCwAAAHVyYW5pdW0tb3JlAQUFA3
L74oCEHgCAhB4ABQABAQF7FK5H4XqUPwEAAAAAAAAuQAEAAAAAAADwP
wEAAAAAAFi7QAEAAAAAAOCFQAEAAAAAAFirQAEAAAAAAIjDQAEAAAAA
AECfQAEAAAAAAEB/QAEAAAAAAECPQAEzMzMzMzPzPwEzMzMzMzPzPwF
7FK5H4Xp0PwEAAQAAAAAAAAhAAQAAAAAAAAhAAXsUrkfheoQ/AQABAQ
GN7bWg98bQPgH8qfHSTWJgPwFpHVVNEHXvPgEBAQwAAAABAgAAAAECA
AAAAZqZmZmZmbk/AQAAAAAAAABAAQAAAAAAAOA/AZqZmZmZmdk/Ac3M
zMzMzOw/AQUAAAABFAAAAAEQDgAAAVBGAAABEA4AAAGgjAAAASAcAAA
BAAAAAAAAPkABAAAAAAAAFEABZmZmZmZm9j8BMzMzMzMz4z8BMzMzMz
Mz0z8BAAAAAAAACEABAAAAAAAAJEABPAAAAAEeAAAAAcgAAAABBQAAA
AEAAAAAAAAAQAEBAQAAAAAAAFlAAQUAAAABGQAAAAEAAAAAAAAkQAEy
AAAAAQAAAAAAAD5AAWQAAAABmpmZmZmZyT8BMzMzMzMzwz8BMzMzMzM
z0z8BMzMzMzMz0z8BAAAAAAAAJEABAAAAAAAANEABAAAAAAAAPkABAA
AAAAAAFEABAAAAAAAAPkABAAAAAAAAJEABAAAAAAAACEABCgAAAAFkA
AAAAWQAAAAB6AMAAAEAAAAAAADgPwHQBwAAAQAAAAAAQH9AAwAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA8D8IHqo8<<<
https://i.imgur.com/MtabPKa.png

Settings: https://i.imgur.com/2zrchvD.png

Using that version, this was the result on this map exchange seed. Multi ore patches disabled with the new config option everything else is default I believe. Do you see the same?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I made another try with this from scratch and it's in 3.4.1.
It works based on different way and doesn't create strange things on your example above.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

orzelek wrote:I made another try with this from scratch and it's in 3.4.1.
It works based on different way and doesn't create strange things on your example above.
Great! Seems fixed now and ore overall seems much more varied and random. Will reported back if I see anything strange.

It's odd to me no one else reported that issue, it was pretty noticeable on most maps generated.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”