Expose more settings in the Mod Settings dialogue

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Expose more settings in the Mod Settings dialogue

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Hi,

Is it possible to expose more of the mod settings in the Startup/Map dialogue?

In particular I'm interested in the exclusion of resource types from either the starting area, or the rest of the map which enables the creation of particular challenge maps.

Currently I'm having to do this by hacking the resource config files in the resource configs folder, which I'm personally quite comfortable doing, but it does mean that someone trying to join my server using the mod portal version will get a mod mismatch error due to the customised config.

Of course I supply a downloadable mod-pack, but then this can raise security issues with the potential server user.

As an example, I recently created a map using RSO which only had oil in the starting area, but with coal frequency boosted to create a Coal Liquefaction challenge.

And I am now generally excluding oil and uranium from starting areas to provide more room for starter bases.

I am about to create a Yuoki map playthrough, and consider that it would be great to exclude Yuoki resources from the starting area so they are not a distraction from setting up the starter base in the early game.

Would this be possible?? I see you already have an option to switch off Angel Infinite Ores in start areas.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Expose more settings in the Mod Settings dialogue

Post by orzelek »

I'm not sure what we would be a good way of doing this.
Ore's are a variable - and we can't have variable amount of settings I think.

Making an exclusion setting with text field could work - you would need to know all the actual ore names not their descriptive names. It would be parsed for present ore names and apply the exclusion if ore is found on the list. It wouldn't be easy to use but it would at least transfer in multiplayer then I think.

I can see how complicated it would be to implement but it might take some time - I need to find some time to do that.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”