Research-Factory

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Flow86
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Research-Factory

Post by Flow86 »

Mods needed:
- Belts+ or 5Dim (for long belts)
- Fast Long Inserter or 5Dim (for fast long inserter)

Inputs:
From the top: Plastic and Batteries
From the left: Copper and Iron,
Bottom right: Steel

Outputs:
2 conveyers with two sided red/green, blue/punk

Sure perhaps it could be much more compact, but "it works" ;-)

If you want some detailed screenshots, tell me, I would post them

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Research-Factory

Post by MrDrummer »

Nice build!

I especially like how you don't put any gears or copper wire onto belts, as from past experience, this can be the limiting factor to efficient set-ups. I tend to go for a one copper wire -> one circuit -> red circuit <- copper wire for each tile, and then just have pure quantity over volume so it doesn't matter if there is a small hold up (until i get modules)

One thing I noticed, limited iron plates aside, is that the green production seems quite slow, which is evidently number of assemblers to blame. I would suggested making the green science supply line go up the middle to the left of the copper, with the assemblers feeding off of it (bottom to top), and then outputting directly onto that line (may have to make red go onto other side of the belt). You could even shift over the current green set-up by a few assemblers to the left, and do the above too, if it is still short on speed.

I assume that the power is at max requirement - so the assemblers are not starved of power, which would obviously reduce output speeds? (if so this would completely cancel out my suggestion above)

Return to “Show your Creations”