My first train station

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

boehser enkel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

My first train station

Post by boehser enkel »

Hi there,

please give me your opinion and advice.
First tests were successfull.
My idea behind: normal 2 line train system with additional waiting lines at the main train station.

greetz
boehser enkel
Attachments
v1
v1
tschuuu.png (5.66 MiB) Viewed 3323 times

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My first train station

Post by Frightning »

Why not put the waiting lines on the same side of the main line as the station? Would cut down on cross-traffic a bit. Otherwise looks good, I personally prefer 1-way trains and stations.

walljaik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by walljaik »

u dont need to split from 2 to 4 and then cross all lines. would be more efficient to split in-line into 2-3 or 4 waiting line then to stations and from stations to 1 exit line. just play a bit more, sure u can improve it :) not a bad start.i

also check those signals, idk at all, but your waiting lines wont work and some train jams will happen. Also exit ones are not placed in the correct place.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

I think you have a lot of unnecessary track there but your biggest issue (as was stated earlier) is trains moving to wait cross over outbound traffic.

Also remember that everywhere you put a block signal you are inviting a train to stop...including in the middle of your junction...

Here's a quick fiddle...and by quick I mean untested. It totally should work right??? Same basic concept I just made a loopy track for waiting trains. Really it could be any shape as long as trains fit in it but its on the inbound traffic side. Got rid of a bunch of extra track that...probably...wont be helpful but isn't really wrong to have.
Something Maybe So.png
Something Maybe So.png (782.22 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
And my loop totaly doesn't reach the first station but you get the point...Don't judge me, it was dark and scary, and liqueur.

Thought the signals might be easier to see at night but...I dunno...Notice no Block signals inside the crossovers, only at the ends.

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

I suppose in this case it could be *much* better to have entrance(s) from the left and exit(s) from the right (or vice versa) without *any* intersection.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Me personally, I always prefer a Roll-on Roll-off terminal rather than a terminus due to this issue but there is merrit to the space savings of the terminus.

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Shokubai wrote:Me personally, I always prefer a Roll-on Roll-off terminal rather than a terminus due to this issue but there is merrit to the space savings of the terminus.
On the last proposed station there is no space saving. There is backup track instead. It could be easily combined into an entrance track.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

LazyLoneLion wrote:
Shokubai wrote:Me personally, I always prefer a Roll-on Roll-off terminal rather than a terminus due to this issue but there is merrit to the space savings of the terminus.
On the last proposed station there is no space saving. There is backup track instead. It could be easily combined into an entrance track.
Obviously but I assume there is a reason for building this as a dead end station.

Return to “Show your Creations”