Early-Game Science Pack Assembly

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Early-Game Science Pack Assembly

Post by Jonathan88 »

So I was going for a factory with as few belts as possible and I managed to create this!
The ratio of green to red is not right but both are infinitely expandable. Every assembler has no modules and each science assembler runs non-stop (unless there isn't enough iron :) ).
Obviously blue and purple have not been researched yet so this is only for a quick start on research. There are probably many flaws in it which you will no doubt point out! I'm just quite pleased that all of those assemblers tessellate so well!
Attachments
It isn't very efficient but it does look pretty cool!
It isn't very efficient but it does look pretty cool!
snapshot2.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 10099 times
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Early-Game Science Pack Assembly

Post by Schorty »

I think it is a bit overkill. If it works for you, it's fine.
I'll post my setup when I'm at home again :)
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yeah definitely overkill on the production of the items for the science packs. xd But better to have too much than too little I suppose. I must say it is pretty unique. :) Can't say I have seen a setup quite like this before. The fact it is expandable is great too.
Image Image Image

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

Xterminator wrote:Yeah definitely overkill on the production of the items for the science packs. xd But better to have too much than too little I suppose.
It is a bit :). However I hope when I research modules and lvl 3 assemblers, I will be able to optimize it so that nothing stops running and there are no overflows. I guess it will take a while - oh well, there are the new combinators etc. to play with in the mean time!
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

Tallinu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tallinu »

Jonathan88 wrote:
Xterminator wrote:Yeah definitely overkill on the production of the items for the science packs. xd But better to have too much than too little I suppose.
It is a bit :). However I hope when I research modules and lvl 3 assemblers, I will be able to optimize it so that nothing stops running and there are no overflows. I guess it will take a while - oh well, there are the new combinators etc. to play with in the mean time!
Your issue is more likely to be earlier stages stopping because the science pack assemblers are full on raw materials and busy crafting. Even with all the bottlenecks present in the earlier stages such as gear and wire assembly, this stuff will be keeping up just fine. If you actually solve those bottlenecks, you'll be capable of producing many times the belts and inserters required for that many green science labs - and unless you build way more than 10 labs, or research all sorts of research efficiency bonuses, you're still unlikely to fully utilize the green science you have now.

If you do want to speed things up, start by adding a second inserter to the input side of each gear factory, and upgrading the wire assemblers to level 2 and adding a second long inserter moving wire (unless you have at least inserter stack size bonus 1). Three wire assemblers for every two circuit assemblers is the optimal ratio, but since level 2 assemblers are 50% faster than level 1, that works too.

Realistically, you could operate all six of those green science assemblers off of one assembler for inserters and one for belts if both are running at full speed, but the pattern does look really cool. :)

Return to “Show your Creations”