General Discussion

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

Wiloxe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] 5dim's mod [+7,000 downloads] [14/06/2015]

Post by Wiloxe »

McGuten wrote:
XxNeeD4BlooDxX wrote:when using "Trains module" on multiplayer with more than 1 player and placing any of the new stuff like logistics wagons, electric trains or even electric tracks game crashes:

Code: Select all

ERROR while running the event handler: __5dim_trains__/control.lua:1139: Map doesn't contain 1 player, this fuction can't be used
here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/i9VqCQ6K
What do you try to do when crashed?
Hello and i just want to say that he already said what he did when it crashed.

When placing anything of electric rails or logistic wagons in the world causes the game to crash.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] 5dim's mod [+7,000 downloads] [14/06/2015]

Post by McGuten »

Wiloxe wrote:
McGuten wrote:
XxNeeD4BlooDxX wrote:when using "Trains module" on multiplayer with more than 1 player and placing any of the new stuff like logistics wagons, electric trains or even electric tracks game crashes:

Code: Select all

ERROR while running the event handler: __5dim_trains__/control.lua:1139: Map doesn't contain 1 player, this fuction can't be used
here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/i9VqCQ6K
What do you try to do when crashed?
Hello and i just want to say that he already said what he did when it crashed.

When placing anything of electric rails or logistic wagons in the world causes the game to crash.
Yes, im working on fix it ^^

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] 5dim's mod

Post by McGuten »

UPDATE

Changelog
Trains update to 0.0.7
  1. Multiplayer compatible!!
Everyone can comment it in this post

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] 5dim's mod [+7,500 downloads] [20/06/2015]

Post by ssilk »

I moved this to the aprobiate place. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

I have a little question about new tier of bots. I understand that they are faster, and store more energy, but are they affected by speed and cargo size technologies from vanilla?

PS. Electric trains should be part of the game ...

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

ssilk wrote:I moved this to the aprobiate place. :)
Thanks you
oLaudix wrote:I have a little question about new tier of bots. I understand that they are faster, and store more energy, but are they affected by speed and cargo size technologies from vanilla?

PS. Electric trains should be part of the game ...
Yes, all technologies work with mod

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: General Discussion

Post by Talguy »

Here's some of my general feedback:

In general, I find that the documentation can be expanded upon a bit more, can you post some comparison tables maybe (inserters with speed horizontally, range vertically)? Ideally, each module could have it's own documentation topic or wiki page :)

Core
I really like what you did with the stack sizes and chests. My iron smelting never runs out of buffer storage :) Also, the inventory size is awesome.

Energy
Haven't really played with this yet.

Automatization
To be fair, I find the inserter section to be confusing, but that might be the sheer number of choices. Maybe it's the lack of documentation for the icons or maybe it's the categorization / ordering(how are they sorted/grouped?).
As far as I can tell, the number of arrows indicates the speed, the F or C indicates the side (far or close side) of a belt, but what does the color of the arrow mean (yellow, red, magenta)? Range?

Transport
Haven't really checked this out yet. I suppose with the extra steam engines the copper and steel pipes are necessary because they vaporize liquids faster.
The number on the icon, is that the maximum distance?

Trains
Electric trains are looking awesome, but haven't really played with them yet. I will post my findings when I use them!

Mining
Same here, will check back when I played with them.

Logistic
Not using robots in my campaign yet. But I suppose MK2 upgrades the robots(better speed/capacity) / roboport(more loading bays, better range) to be 100% better in most if not all aspects. Are the different robot versions interchangable with different roboports? If the roboport MK2 isn't charging 8 robots at a time, is that because it's not possible?

Decoration
Meh. Haven't found a use for this yet. Aside from the floors and letters, it would be awesome if you could find a use for the statue / flags. Maybe the statue could act as something the biters like to attack more(like the radar) and the flags could be... no idea. Other then that, if the deconstruction planner could NOT pickup the floors, that'd be awesome. But yeah, I suppose not :)

EDIT: Do you have a need for dutch translation? If so, where do you have your git repo :) I found yours on github, but I think that one is out of date.
Last edited by Talguy on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Talguy wrote:Here's some of my general feedback:

In general, I find that the documentation can be expanded upon a bit more, can you post some comparison tables maybe (inserters with speed horizontally, speed vertically)? Ideally, each module could have it's own documentation topic or wiki page :)

Core
I really like what you did with the stack sizes and chests. My iron smelting never runs out of buffer storage :) Also, the inventory size is awesome.

Energy
Haven't really played with this yet.

Automatization
To be fair, I find the inserter section to be confusing, but that might be the sheer number of choices. Maybe it's the lack of documentation for the icons or maybe it's the categorization / ordering(how are they sorted/grouped?).
As far as I can tell, the number of arrows indicates the speed, the F or C indicates the side (far or close side) of a belt, but what does the color of the arrow mean (yellow, red, magenta)? Range?

Transport
Haven't really checked this out yet. I suppose with the extra steam engines the copper and steel pipes are necessary because they vaporize liquids faster.
The number on the icon, is that the maximum distance?

Trains
Electric trains are looking awesome, but haven't really played with them yet. I will post my findings when I use them!

Mining
Same here, will check back when I played with them.

Logistic
Not using robots in my campaign yet. But I suppose MK2 upgrades the robots(better speed/capacity) / roboport(more loading bays, better range) to be 100% better in most if not all aspects. Are the different robot versions interchangable with different roboports? If the roboport MK2 isn't charging 8 robots at a time, is that because it's not possible?

Decoration
Meh. Haven't found a use for this yet. Aside from the floors and letters, it would be awesome if you could find a use for the statue / flags. Maybe the statue could act as something the biters like to attack more(like the radar) and the flags could be... no idea. Other then that, if the deconstruction planner could NOT pickup the floors, that'd be awesome. But yeah, I suppose not :)
I really love that feedback ^^

Core
Thanks you ^^

Energy
Energy contain more steam engine, electric pole, solar panels, acumulators and new big lamp (so big).

Automatization
Yes, is a little difficult but is like u said, color of inserter (yellow is speed x1, blue speed x2 and magenta is x3 speed inserters) arrow color is length for inserter, x1, x2 and x3, and arrow lenght is for speed inserters (the same of color inserter) F is fear and c is close. maybe we do a wiki/guide for that ^^

Transport
Yes, the number is for max lenght underground pipes (the same of transport belts)

Trains
im waiting you feedback for that

Mining
Include 6 news mining drills (x3 speed and x3 range)

Logistic
yes, better robots, more speed and more charge

Decoration
i think that is good for extralarge base or for maps with objetives

And again, thanks you for feedback we like it so much
I hope to be of help

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

I see! Thanks!
Can you maybe group the side inserters on speed instead of orientation?

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Talguy wrote:I see! Thanks!
Can you maybe group the side inserters on speed instead of orientation?
that is done

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

Isn't that orientation (left or right :)) Oh well, I suppose with only 4 inserters it's not really needed :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It's still a bit confusing - there are also 2 numbers on each?

I admit not trying your mod set yet but it will happen at some point for sure :D

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Maybe we change all system of inserters...

Devildog
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Devildog »

Can this mod be used with Dytech/Treefarm or is it to be used on its own and depending on the modules used for it.
Check Out Factorio Mod Madness 2.0 Here : http://bit.ly/1afTDl0
Mod Madness ModPack

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

You can use with all other mods i dont know incompatible mods if u install in modpack and you cant play or something, please, comment on bug and errors

Alywiz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alywiz »

I would love to try this bu there don't appear to be any download links.

EDIT: Nevermind. Hyperlinks led to this thread instead of the mod thread list. Didn't know there was a separate thread.

alcan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alcan »

Hey guys, quick question about the nuclear power. Is it not implemented propperly yet or is it not supposed to actually create power? xD

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

alcan wrote:Hey guys, quick question about the nuclear power. Is it not implemented propperly yet or is it not supposed to actually create power? xD
possibly in the future make a module of nuclear energy ^^

alcan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alcan »

Some quick minor things ive found :D

firstly having to use a substation so i can use letters from the decoration module just so i wont get the blinking icon and no poles in the way, kind of defeats the purpose for me
This is rather stupid
secondly, im having troubles with the requester carriage from the trains module, since you rescued it from
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=3926
i looked there on how to use it and it states that you have to click an "invisible requester chest" in the middle of the carriage but that doesnt seem to exsist? I tried setting filters in the carriage itself but that didnt cause the bots to fill the spots

other than that, good work! keep it up :D

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

alcan wrote:Some quick minor things ive found :D

firstly having to use a substation so i can use letters from the decoration module just so i wont get the blinking icon and no poles in the way, kind of defeats the purpose for me
This is rather stupid
secondly, im having troubles with the requester carriage from the trains module, since you rescued it from
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=3926
i looked there on how to use it and it states that you have to click an "invisible requester chest" in the middle of the carriage but that doesnt seem to exsist? I tried setting filters in the carriage itself but that didnt cause the bots to fill the spots

other than that, good work! keep it up :D

Thanks you for feedback, Requester wagon now work fine ^^ and about letters... Letters are lamp then need energy

Return to “5dim's mod”