[Answered] Mod to consume max electricity from grid?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Answered] Mod to consume max electricity from grid?

Post by JasonC »

I haven't played this game in a while, since before it came out of beta.

I seem to remember there being a mod that added a building that would consume as much electricity as possible from the grid; either that or maybe it was an adjustable accumulator where you could max out the storage capacity and charge rate.

Either way, it let you quickly place huge loads on the electric grid, which was great for testing power plants.

Does that mod still exist or is there something like it?

Thanks!
Last edited by JasonC on Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod to consume max electricity from grid?

Post by SoShootMe »

JasonC wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:20 pm
I seem to remember there being a mod that added a building that would consume as much electricity as possible from the grid; either that or maybe it was an adjustable accumulator where you could max out the storage capacity and charge rate.
It's in the base game (now, at least); enable editor mode (open the console and type "/editor"). Open the crafting menu and you should find a new category in which you'll find the electric energy interface. When placed it looks similar to an accumulator and can be configured (by opening one after placing).

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod to consume max electricity from grid?

Post by JasonC »

SoShootMe wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:42 pm

It's in the base game (now, at least); enable editor mode (open the console and type "/editor"). Open the crafting menu and you should find a new category in which you'll find the electric energy interface. When placed it looks similar to an accumulator and can be configured (by opening one after placing).
Oh sweet! Thank you!!
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Answered] Mod to consume max electricity from grid?

Post by JasonC »

Wow they really moved a lot of the useful things to base; how cool is that. And omg the little Lua code executor thing is so cute! :D

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”