Mod pack suggestions?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Tsuitl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mod pack suggestions?

Post by Tsuitl »

I am personally really enjoying adding Darkstar into my game. It adds very powerful very lategame items to help with reducing the size of the base and entities.
I don't understand why nobody seems to use it anymore and so many people compare negative things in other mods to this one.

I am trying to find a modpack that uses Darkstar and has a lot of playability. I tried Py and it was fun for the first 25-30 hours then I got really burnt out trying to do some of the basic builds. The sheer scale of the builds also was a major turn off. I like building a megabase but building a megabase to produce just enough Iron to supply 100k iron per minute is a little over the top. I understand that is the appeal of the mod but its not for me.

If anybody could direct me to a mod pack that takes the average player less than 200 hours I would appreciate it. I played a modpack a few years ago that took people about 50-60 hours to finish and it took me over 100 hours. I tend to overbuild things and supply huge quantities of supplies up front.

For perspective of what I like to do (if that helps with the recommendation) is what I am doing now in my current base. I have over 200k iron being supplied and around 100k copper. I am using Darkstar and just got to the part of needing to use extractors for the higher tier Darkstar ores. I have a laser turret production going up and I am using Rampant and Rampant Arsenal because I like having to defend against biter attacks.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod pack suggestions?

Post by jodokus31 »

Maybe something less complicated compared to Py's:
- Krastorio 2
- Industrial Revolution 3
- FactorioExtended. Older
- Space Exploration, but I guess, it's rather long.
- Good old vanilla Death World Marathon or Death World

If you like biter challenge, you could also try Bob's enemies. But Rampant seems to be rather more challenging.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod pack suggestions?

Post by mmmPI »

Tsuitl wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:40 am
If anybody could direct me to a mod pack that takes the average player less than 200 hours I would appreciate it. I played a modpack a few years ago that took people about 50-60 hours to finish and it took me over 100 hours. I tend to overbuild things and supply huge quantities of supplies up front.
There were good suggestions already, there is this one too => Exotic Industries : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/exotic-industries

There are settings for the cost of researchs, which you can make very low and thus have a faster game. I think otherwise the modpack is said to represent 150 hours, it's less convoluted than Pyaonodon's mods to do the early sciences, my feeling was that it's on par with Krastorio 2, you have lots of news things added to vanilla ( rather than replacing most of it), and if you play with the recommended modpack, there are new biters included :) , late game most of the things that exists are from the mod and extend vanilla's things to more powerfull version, stronger beacons, 2x2 inserters that can move 1 stack at a time, several different sources of high tech energy, and quite a few things to discover after the first rocket is launched.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”