Diminishing returns on science

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Rwn
Inserter
Inserter

Diminishing returns on science

Post by Rwn »

I would very much like to find a mod that brings diminishing returns to labs.

For example 1 lab working alone on a tech = 100% research speed
2 labs working in parallel = 190% research speed
3 labs working in parallel = 270% research speed

While research flasks would still be consumed at 100% speed in each lab (otherwise it's just a matter of building more labs).

Scaling function doesn't have to be this one, the idea is that each additional lab brings less and less additional research speed.
I feel this would maintain a certain pace to the game while still incentivizing scaleup of flask production.

Do you know a mod that would do that - ideally with the possibility to tweak the diminishing return intensity?

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Diminishing returns on science

Post by aka13 »

You are aware that all "infinite" sciences scale with each level, most exponentially?
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Rwn
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Diminishing returns on science

Post by Rwn »

I mean diminishing returns on parallel labs (for all techs), not on late-game infinite sciences.

I want to set up a multiplayer game which incentivize increasing the output of the factory without accelerating research at the same pace.

My experience in a previous game was that there was too much focus on advancing science and some players had a hard time keeping up with the increasing amount of unlocked recipes and production lines, so I'd like research to advance at a relatively controlled rate and I would much prefer a soft cap than a hard cap.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”