Looking For People to Playtest - Overhaul Mod 0.0.2

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
MrSmoothieHuman
Inserter
Inserter

Looking For People to Playtest - Overhaul Mod 0.0.2

Post by MrSmoothieHuman »

Hello! As the title suggests, I am currently looking for people to playtest my mod. I'm looking for as much data, feedback and suggestions as I can possibly get, to refine and polish the mod to make it as fun as possible. :)

The mod is called 'Periodic Madness', a overhaul mod that aims to add most or if not all the elements of the periodic table to Factorio. In the current build (that you will get to play), there is currently:
  • Zinc
    Maganese
    Nickel
    Gold
    Silver
    Molybdenum
    Mercury
with a lot more planned to be added.. soon. The most recent update added the latter ores (Au, Ag, Mo, Hg) and the newest science pack, the Advanced Transition Metals pack.
The next planned update (0.0.3), however, (Including anyone's feedback) will mostly be a polishing and refining update that wouldn't really be adding new things but instead expanding on already added stuff.

However, thats enough about the future; this is how the mod currently is.
These are the current ores in the game (Zinc, Nickel and Transition Metals). TM is the basis of your early factory and will you give you all the ores you need to progress.
a video based off some of the simulations when you boot up Factorio :D it contains some new items and new buildings (that are definitely not chemical plants) and if your a wikipedia/history nerd like me, you might recognise what that red powder is at the bottom.
(i must also apologise for the quality, no matter what i did it would always look worse when i edited the legnth. I am sorry :oops: )

So, if you are interested, please feel free to download the mod and test it out! as mentioned before, it is nowhere near finished so please send and ideas, suggestions, feedback or bugs my way. You can either message me through my mailbox or comment on this thread, either is okay with me.

(Also, to note, some already known issues and planned to be resolved are:
  • Icons needing a refresh or too bright.
  • balance changes are always being implemented, but there is still some things to be ironed out.
  • Icons having little specks of non-transparent pixels
  • things like green circuits having.. not the best ratios, this is being fixed as soon as i possibly can.
this list will be updated if and when needed.)

(the file listed below is the most current version of the mod, so have fun :) )
Attachments
periodic-madness_0.0.2.zip
(7.45 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
coder? i hardly know her!

MrSmoothieHuman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Looking For People to Playtest - Overhaul Mod 0.0.2

Post by MrSmoothieHuman »

Hello again! to anyone who downloaded the mod, i hoped you enjoyed it as much as i had making it. However, i have now decided to put it onto the mod portal! (plus with new updates and the like :lol: )

So, if you are interested, you can now check it out on the mod portal!

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/periodic-madness
coder? i hardly know her!

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”