We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by enterisys »

According to the UNESCO Convention, all traces of human activity on the bottom of the Black Sea, within the economic zone of Ukraine are its property. Therefore, the missile cruiser "Moscow" was entered in the register of underwater cultural heritage of Ukraine under number 2064.
https://mezha-media.translate.goog/2022 ... r_pto=wapp

True or meme, win win anyways.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Who's the cuttie in the middle?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:50 am
This country as an example of the possible future of Ukraine. Patriots of their country are in power. With 30% of the population enforced by russia and its predecessors to speak russian, a complete ban on the use of the russian language (well, they are trying) Latvian marches. The only way to get power is to use own country benefits in the elections. For 150 years in a row. The whole country is up to its neck with russian fake agenda and war crime enjoyers. A large number of uneducated residents moved to russia after joining the EU and do not want to return. And the history of the Latvians: russia and its predecessors forcefully resettled its citizens to/from Latvia, therefore there should be some stimulus for such resident to return to their faterland.

Democracy indeed.

A 5 minute reminder that forum war crime enjoyers are actually soviet descendants and not Latvians.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1zCJGpE8QI

Plague, famile, deportation and resettlements, protest mass killings...
a good example of how the people of Latvia see the situation and how Western propaganda lies about it.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
And the history of the Latvians: russia and its predecessors forcefully resettled its citizens to/from Latvia, therefore there should be some stimulus for such resident to return to their faterland.
I knew that these were Ukrainian fantasies that they were resettled to / from Ukraine. After all, only Latvians suffered during these years.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:12 pm
enterisys wrote:
This country as an example of the possible future of Ukraine. Patriots of their country are in power. With 30% of the population enforced by russia and its predecessors to speak russian, a complete ban on the use of the russian language (well, they are trying) Latvian marches. The only way to get power is to use own country benefits in the elections. For 150 years in a row. The whole country is up to its neck with russian fake agenda and war crime enjoyers. A large number of uneducated residents moved to russia after joining the EU and do not want to return. And the history of the Latvians: russia and its predecessors forcefully resettled its citizens to/from Latvia, therefore there should be some stimulus for such resident to return to their faterland.

Democracy indeed.

A 5 minute reminder that forum war crime enjoyers are actually soviet descendants and not Latvians.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1zCJGpE8QI

Plague, famile, deportation and resettlements, protest mass killings...
a good example of how the people of Latvia see the situation and how Western propaganda lies about it.
a good example of how latvians see the situation and how russian propaganda lies about it.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:25 pm
enterisys wrote:
And the history of the Latvians: russia and its predecessors forcefully resettled its citizens to/from Latvia, therefore there should be some stimulus for such resident to return to their faterland.
I knew that these were Ukrainian fantasies that they were resettled to / from Ukraine. After all, only Latvians suffered during these years.
I knew that these were Ukrainians that were resettled to / from Ukraine. After all, also Latvians suffered during these years.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx is still posting unrelated content on the thread ? interesting to talk about Latvia. What do you mean the nationalist are in power ? compared to Russia for example ? where there is one dude that has all power and assassinate his opponent since 1999 or so ?

Do you think the country Latvia is having many emigrant to Russia ? Why not if they speak Russian and have Russian passport ? According to djmixx own words, people in Latvia dream about going to sweden.

Note that afer the desastrous attempt at invading Ukraine, there is less risk imo that Russia tries to destabilize or seize part or Latvia, plus Latvia is in NATO, ( which Sweden and even Finland are asking to join ) so imo the situation is quite different than in Ukraine which is at the moment fighting off a Russian full fledge invasion that got voted against by 141 countries from the UN.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:33 pm
Do you think the country Latvia is having many emigrant to Russia ? Why not if they speak Russian and have Russian passport ?
Most of emigrants speak Russian, but they have Ukrainian passports :lol:
Over the past 5 years, finding a worker from Ukraine willing to leave Ukraine was easier than finding a person willing to leave Russia. (even now, watching a video from Ukraine, I am amazed at such a large number of cheap Soviet cars from 85-95 that are still driving there.)
mmmPI wrote:
According to djmixx own words, people in Latvia dream about going to sweden.
Mistake, they don't dream, they leave.
In 2020, the size of the decline in the population of Latvia due to migration is estimated by demographers at 498 thousand people, in terms of population, the country approached the figure of 1897 - 1.9 million.
Effective policy of the nationalist government since 1991 to destroy the country. And of course Russia is to blame for everything that is happening in Latvia.

Can I close the topic of Latvia?
Attachments
Screenshot_20220423_093114.jpg
Screenshot_20220423_093114.jpg (486.94 KiB) Viewed 1805 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:59 pm
you got me. I get money for posts here and send them to volunteers in Ukraine.
Djmixxx wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:35 am
Can I close the topic of Latvia?
Why ? because you realised your shitty presentation of the country Latvia doesn't correspond to factual situation and can't resist to scrutiny ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Latv ... y_election

I read there that in parlementary election there is the party "Saskaņa" leaded by Jānis_Urbanovičs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C4%81ni ... ovi%C4%8Ds
In 1994, Urbanovičs became a member of the first Saeima since the restoration of Latvian independence. From 2005 he was the head of the Harmony Centre electoral alliance.[3] In 2010 he became the chairman of the newly merged Harmony.[4] In 2012 Urbanovičs was denied the highest category access to work with state secrets.[5]

According to the public benefit organization Delna, Urbanovičs had attended only 31% of committee meetings in the 11th Saeima, making him the leading Saeima deputy in missed parliamentary commissions.[6] In 2012 the Corruption Prevention and Combating Bureau launched an investigation into Urbanovičs for attempting to defraud 20% of his salary as a Saeima deputy by having another person register him as being present in an April 26 parliamentary meeting, while Urbanovičs was in Moscow.[7]

In 2014 Urbanovičs blamed the Russo-Ukrainian War on what he believed were "West's efforts to sabotage Russian plans for a Eurasian Customs Union" and called Annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation "a desperate measure on the part of Russia in order to prevent economic and military imbalance in the contact zone of Southeastern Europe between NATO and Russia", citing the precedent of Abrene County as a partial justification.[8]

Since 1994, Urbanovičs has participated in parliamentary delegations for liaising with the CIS and Central Asian countries. He maintains contacts with the leaders of those countries and has received awards for strengthening cultural and economic relations. He also contributed to the signing of Latvian cooperation agreements with China, Turkey, Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.

This is you first post in this forum djmixxxx :
Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:37 pm
There are Nazis in many countries and only in a few they are supported by the state. Not in all.

I don’t believe that in 8 years it was impossible to peacefully resolve the issue with the Donetsk and Luhansk regions by Ukraina.

Over these 8 years, Ukraine only worsens the situation by starting a forced de-Russification of its Russian-speaking population. The concept of small nationalities was also removed from circulation.

How many steps left for :
"ETHNIC CLEANSING AND GENOCIDE IN THE BALKANS"

Europe helped a lot to BALKANS?

Just sit and wait?

I personally do not support war in any form. And I do not support the Soviet Union version 2, which is now being built in Russia. But I wouldn't want to just sit and wait in the land where I was born and raised.

Sorry for English, a lot of Google translate.
Game are great, first game which I am byued official.

I am not live in Russia or Ukraine. Have friend which migrate from Lugansk couple years ago to Russia with only 2 bags.
Let see how it compares to what you had to say about Latvia :
Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:13 am

This country as an example of the possible future of Ukraine. Nationalists are in power. With 30% of the Russian-speaking population, a complete ban on the use of the Russian language (well, they are trying) Nazi marches. The only way to get power is to use the nationalist issue in the elections. For 30 years in a row. The whole country is up to its neck in corruption. A large number of educated residents left the country after joining the EU and do not want to return. And the invention of the Latvians: "non-citizens (aliens)" part of the country's inhabitants who were born and raised here, but who should not be allowed to participate in government elections.

Democracy :lol:
The very fact that the party receiving the most vote in the election is the pro-russian party led by the same guy since 1994, guy that was exposed several times for this ties with Moscow/Russia makes me think you are a liar when you say people need to vote for nationalist to obtain recognition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egils_Levits

This is the actual president of Latvia right ? it's the head of state in Latvia right ?
Egils Levits (born 30 June 1955) is a Latvian politician, lawyer, political scientist and jurist who has served as the tenth president of Latvia since 8 July 2019.[2] He was a member of the European Court of Justice from 2004 to 2019.[3]

During the late Soviet-era, he was a member of the Popular Front of Latvia and contributed to the declaration of restored Latvian independence in 1990. He was vice-prime minister and minister for justice of Latvia from 1993 to 1994 and ambassador to Hungary, Austria and Switzerland from 1994 to 1995. He was then appointed a judge of the European Court of Human Rights, a position he held until 2019. He finished second in the indirect election for the president of Latvia in 2015, behind Raimonds Vējonis. Although an Independent, he was the candidate of the National Alliance.[4] In 2018, Levits was reappointed a judge of the European Court of Justice, having first been appointed in 2004.[5] He is married and has two children: a son, Linards, and daughter, Indra.[6] He published a book of memoirs in 2019.[7]
Levits was born in Riga, into the family of Latvian Jewish engineer Jonass Levits and his wife, Latvian-Baltic German poet Ingeborga Levite (née Barga, pen name Aija Zemzare). In 1972, the family was expelled from the USSR for their Soviet dissident activities[8] and settled in West Germany, where Ingeborga's relatives lived. They lived in West Germany until 1990 when Latvia regained its independence.

Levits has stated in interviews that despite his partial Jewish heritage, he identifies foremost as Latvian.[9]
From the profile of the two candidates, the one that has corruption related affair is the candidate representing the Russian minorities, the other one is from jewish heritage and judge in the EU court of Justice, to me it doesn't seem like exactly the profile of someone who would organize/sympathyze with nazi marche.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:35 am
mmmPI wrote:
According to djmixx own words, people in Latvia dream about going to sweden.
Mistake, they don't dream, they leave.
Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:37 pm
Half of Latvia wants to migrate to Sweden or Norway.
I wanted to refer to this particular quotation of yours when you said they "WANTS" to migrate.

Why not Russia ?

Don't you think it's sort of the same reason why Ukrainians people in their vast majority united against the Russian aggression ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:18 am
You probably didn't know that Latvia has a parliamentary republic. And power can be obtained only if you get 51% of the votes. In all other cases, parties that have formed coalitions with other parties and have more than 51% of the vote in government have power.

The president of the country is elected by a parliamentary majority. In terms of its functions, it is a parliamentary puppet.

The majority of the population of Latvia jokes that they only learn about the new president when the face on TV changes.

"Согласие" not even near this limit.
I think the people of the country still know better what is happening in the country.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220423_130431.jpg
Screenshot_20220423_130431.jpg (205.36 KiB) Viewed 1760 times

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:28 am
I wanted to refer to this particular quotation of yours when you said they "WANTS" to migrate.

Why not Russia ?
The answer is simple. Latvia leaving Latvian citizens who know Latvian and English (not russian speaking part of Latvia). What is the point of them from Russia if they do not know Russian? In Norway, Sweden, Finland it is very good with English.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:10 am
I think the people of the country still know better what is happening in the country.
Fake

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:16 am
Djmixxx wrote:
Fake
Just as the people of Ukraine say that they do not have Nazis ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:04 pm
I knew that these were Ukrainians that were resettled to / from Ukraine. After all, also Latvians suffered during these years.
Maybe the truth is that during these years the civilians of the entire territory of the Soviet Union suffered? But if this is truth, it is not possible to talk about the genocide of specific country.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:18 am
You probably didn't know that Latvia has a parliamentary republic. And power can be obtained only if you get 51% of the votes. In all other cases, parties that have formed coalitions with other parties and have more than 51% of the vote in government have power.

The president of the country is elected by a parliamentary majority. In terms of its functions, it is a parliamentary puppet.

The majority of the population of Latvia jokes that they only learn about the new president when the face on TV changes.

"Согласие" not even near this limit.
Interesting opinion of yours, though you already said 90% of the people when you meant just you and apoligize after :
Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:37 am
I will open a secret, 90% (and me too) here on the forum do not care about history.
Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:19 am
I did not write correctly : "90%" this is my personal opinion..

So i am not going to believe you are honnest in your words when you say the majority of the population. I will stick with prooven public figures rather than the opinion of somoneone who repeatdly contradicted himself and lied on this topic.

Djmixxx wrote:
I think the earth is full of dragons and orcs and hopefully the aliens are going to liberate earth.

I think the people of earth still know better what is happening on earth. You have to trust my words or maybe you think i don't live on earth ?

You lied about so many things that your words can't be trusted. I just made up an example of how ridiculous your words sounds to me.
Djmixxx wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:14 am
mmmPI wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:28 am

Why not Russia ?
The answer is simple. Latvia leaving Latvian citizens who know Latvian and English (not russian speaking part of Latvia). What is the point of them from Russia if they do not know Russian? In Norway, Sweden, Finland it is very good with English.

You have misunderstood the question : Why russian speaking people in latvia that are persecuted according to your words don't emigrate to Russia if they feel Russian ?

I have read that the purchasing power is better in Latvia where only very few old people are nostalgic of the USSR but only in words because they like to receive attention and act like they are special whereas they wouldn't want to go live in Russia for they prefer the material confort and the freedom to express themselves as a minority they enjoy in Latvia.

The people try to move to flee bad condition or seek better condition, if they go towards sweden and EU it's because they hope for better future, even if it would be easier for them to go to Russia because they already speak Russian. Even the actual president of Latvia speak Russian. They do not go to Russia for the same reason Ukrainian women children and old people didn't seek refuge in Russia, they didn't feel like they are "liberated". It's not 51% when you look at Ukraine, this kind of stupid propaganda argument already led to gross military mistake and underestimation of the will of the people to escape oppression.

Consider that the leader of the pro-russian opposition in Latvia is around politics since 1994; How many poison attempt ? how many years in jail despite proof of corruption ? How many dead people amongs his follower ? Compare that to the situation of Boris Nemstov or Alexei Navalny. That is one of the reason people fight for "freedom" don't you think ?

Also how come the party that does 30% which is the highest score in parlementary, doesn't create a coalition ? they cannot do democracy like the others ? or is it just that the they represent 30% of the population and therefore are minority ? which doesn't mean their leader have to be assassinated like Boris Nemtsov, just that the government of Latvia has to act for the representation of the majority ?

I understand why you think it's similar to Ukraine situation where Zelensky is elected by 70% of people, and 30% didn't vote for him. And then russia could try to create propraganda around protecting the minority, but worry not, your country Latvia is in NATO, same as Lithuania or Estonia, Russia will not risk attacking NATO with fake pretext like they are attacking Ukraine because NATO is a defensive alliance where all the other country would join the war if 1 country is attacked.

Russia attacked Ukraine because it was not in NATO, and still isn't achieving objectives, and according to words of mister Peskov, it's even a "tragedy".

Plus the invasion attempt prompted Sweden and Finland to re-inforce their link with NATO, which also re-armed and re-mobilized on the eastern part of europe. The context is very different, an invasion attempt would be met with the full NATO force without any restreint i guess unlike in Ukraine that is not a member of NATO but is asking to join and also to join EU accordingly to protect their sovereignty against Russia. Which is THE VERY REASON ALL THOSE COUNTRY JOINED NATO.
Last edited by mmmPI on Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:38 am
Maybe the truth is that during these years the civilians of the entire territory of the Soviet Union suffered? But if this is truth, it is not possible to talk about the genocide of specific country.
Indeed the notion of genocide refers to the people and not the country. the root of the word is "gene" like in genetic. Ethnic cleansing.

That's a notion on which the USSR wasn't keen on, like relocating "people" in order to dissolve their cultural identity and the center of potential resistance to the all mighty state.

Then there is also instrumentalization of famine as a weapon of political repression targeting specific people that existed.

That is talking about history despite stating previously that you didn't care about it. And is also one of the usual way you used to try and shift the focus of the discussion away from the title of the thread which is "We support Ukraine" , even if you don't and keep posting to voice it in this channel.

You could also voice you support for russia in a place where it would be welcome, but you posted all your 500+ post in this thread with often very selfish opinion. Hopefully i know other people from Latvia otherwise you would give them a bad reputation, and there's not even a proof of anything you're actually from Latvia, you already stated many contradicting statement about the way you work with steel in a company not knowing if your argument was about sanction having no effect, or being akin to an economic war.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Russia’s heroin epidemic: why the government is ducking the issue
http://humanityjournal.org/blog/russias ... the-issue/

Since there was posted by djmixxx the population of Latvia over year starting in year 1, ( or at least it seems there was no source it was just a picture that he could have made himself).

This is the population of Russia i found the graph on the previously mentionned article :

I knew the demographic argument was stupid because it is well known that Germany Japan or Russia for example have a demographic reduction since a few years for different reasons. But djmixxx gave his own personnal unsourced opinion so i thought i could try to bring attention to the ridicule of the argument that consist into portraying Latvia as a failed state because of population decreasing, when at the same time the decline in population in Russia is far worse.
russianpop.png
russianpop.png (86.81 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
Population decline, another reason to invade Ukraine ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:02 am
You have misunderstood the question : Why russian speaking people in latvia that are persecuted according to your words don't emigrate to Russia if they feel Russian ?
Why should the Russian-speaking citizens of Latvia leave their country because of the actions of a gang of nationalists?
Residents of the LPR and DPR also did not leave their homeland when they were called terrorists.
They defend their right to live as they deserve it. This is what always happens when the authorities do not listen to the people. This is also happening in Russia, and dissent is brutally suppressed there.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:00 pm
mmmPI wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:02 am
Why should the Russian-speaking citizens of Latvia leave their country because of the actions of a gang of nationalists?
Residents of the LPR and DPR also did not leave their homeland when they were called terrorists.
They defend their right to live as they deserve it. This is what always happens when the authorities do not listen to the people. This is also happening in Russia, and dissent is brutally suppressed there.
You say people emigrate from Latvia and you show a graph and then you say "they want to go to EU", i'm asking why not Russia ?

you say because the repression of opposition is brutal in Russia.

I do not disagree, they prefer enjoying being a 30% minority in Latvia and have their own political party rather than being just regular citizen in Russia who do not get to voice their opinion if it contradict the governement.

Return to “News”