Another feature request: Upgrade planner upgrade to [deleted entity]/Deconstruction planner filter on blueprints

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
jgb
Inserter
Inserter

Another feature request: Upgrade planner upgrade to [deleted entity]/Deconstruction planner filter on blueprints

Post by jgb »

Let's say we have a blueprint with rails, and those rails have lights around the power poles. But then I download Lighted Power Poles and want to remove the lights from all of my blueprints. Would it be possible to either:

1. Add some kind of [delete entity] to the upgrade planner so we can upgrade to remove objects as well as upgrade them.
2. Add the ability to use a filtered deconstruction planner on the upgrade planner slot to remove the filtered items from the blueprint/blueprint book.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Another feature request: Upgrade planner upgrade to [deleted entity]/Deconstruction planner filter on blueprints

Post by Rseding91 »

You can right click the lights icon in the blueprint to remove all of them at once. Is that not enough?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (48.23 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Another feature request: Upgrade planner upgrade to [deleted entity]/Deconstruction planner filter on blueprints

Post by Optera »

Part 1, deleting entities from blueprints already works smoothly like Rseding91 showed.

Part 2, replacing an entity in a blueprint sadly is not a base feature.
My workflow to do this has a lot of steps that could be simplified with OPs request.
[list=1]
[*]place the blueprint
[*]replace entities either manually or with an upgrade planner
[*]make a new blueprint
[*]name the blueprint
[*]sort it back into the library
[/list]

Edit:
You can upgrade blueprints and whole blueprint books in your inventory, by placing an upgrade planner in the 2nd top right slot.
  1. pick up the upgrade planner
  2. open the blueprint and place the upgrade planner in the slot next to the destroy button
Had I figured this out sooner it would have saved me a lot of time when upgrading modules. :roll:

jgb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgb »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:34 am
You can right click the lights icon in the blueprint to remove all of them at once. Is that not enough?

Capture.PNG
Ahh, I didn't realize you could do that with blueprints inside blueprint books! Thanks for the tip.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Gameplay Help.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”