Power Late game "Energija"

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
mithra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Power Late game "Energija"

Post by mithra »

By the late game lunching multiple rockets are useless and your power is vast solar farms for optimization of performance. The solution to both problems could be made if someone could make one building and one more item. Power receiver and orbital space solar farm. One would make one expensive building from which power would connect to the power grid and one item that have to be sent into space by rocket as large solar farms that would send energy by laser too said building which in turn would produce "convert" that laser to energy. This way one would have a reason to send multiple rockets to space and way of producing large amounts of power that dose not take water heat etc for calculation and no longer need to cover half of the map with solar farms that becomes more of a tedious task.

Power reciver could take large amounts of - laser turrets, solar panels, steel wire, pumps, of shore pump, steam turbine, heat exchanger etc. concept is that laser would produce heat that boil water and in turn it makes power. But actually there is no calculation of heat and water just somewhat realistic components and idea. But it will just continuously give large amount of power like solar panel during day.
For orbital solar panel - lase turrets, space components,rocket parts and satellites.

I think that developers should implement this in base game since it is not cheating and it is mostly for improving performance in late megabase.
Sorry if there is mistakes in writing my english please write so I can correct them.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Power Late game "Energija"

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mithra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mithra »

Something like that, same concept. Thank you. Glad that there is already mod for that.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

mithra wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:01 pm
Something like that, same concept. Thank you. Glad that there is already mod for that.
Also
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/OrbitalSolarPower

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”