[1.1.53] Crashes on windows 11

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
NickyBoyDK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.53] Crashes on windows 11

Post by NickyBoyDK »

I played factorio with the same settings as I used on windows 10 as I am using now on windows 11. After a little while, it's kinda random, the game crashes my entire computer.

I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, and it only happens when I'm playing factorio. I'm playing a lot of other games where my computer is fine.

Like I said the game crashes my entire computer, so the computer just freezes and then restarts. I have a pretty good computer, and everything is running fine, with no extra load. I'm only using around 50% of my CPU and around 35% of my GPU so there is still a lot to give.

I have tried with my mods and without mods, and even re-installing the game, and the crashing keeps happening.

Rubypoker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.53] Crashes on windows 11

Post by Rubypoker »

lol, No way I will update to win 11. Makes the PC run slower and probably more surveillance to.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

NickyBoyDK wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:14 pm
I have tried with my mods and without mods, and even re-installing the game, and the crashing keeps happening.
Have you tried reinstalling Windows 10?

NickyBoyDK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NickyBoyDK »

Rubypoker wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:09 am
lol, No way I will update to win 11. Makes the PC run slower and probably more surveillance to.
Well, that's your opinion. But windows 11 is more secure than windows 10 . And the pc does not run slower on windows 11, I would say the system is more responsive.

But that is not really a discussion for this forum :)

NickyBoyDK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NickyBoyDK »

DaveMcW wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:55 am
NickyBoyDK wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:14 pm
Have you tried reinstalling Windows 10?
No, and I'm not gonna do that, as there are no other problems with windows 11.

Return to “Technical Help”