[1.1] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Mirco1502
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Mirco1502 »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:37 pm
Mirco1502 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:20 am
valneq wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:50 am
Mirco1502 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:47 pm
Because I checked it and altered belt speed per tier by 30 (instead of 15) but it doesn't works. Yellow belt speed is still at 15/s.
Red belt speed is what exactly with this setting?
30/s like without mods. (I also hoped it would affect T2 then, but no, sadly not)
it seems you're right. I'll try and change that in the newer version that it can effect the belt speed even if the belt overhaul is turned off.
That would be awesome! Thank you Bob! =)

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

any reason that adding bobwarfare makes the science so much more complicated?

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

ptx0 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 pm
any reason that adding bobwarfare makes the science so much more complicated?
Doesn't bobwarfare just build off bobenemies and make all the military technologies based on alien orbs?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

kirazy wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:57 am
Doesn't bobwarfare just build off bobenemies and make all the military technologies based on alien orbs?
it adds radar tiers up to level 5 and the satellite recipe is changed to require this so there's a lot more complexity - something like 150 more buildings required to build the satellites.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ptx0 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:55 pm
kirazy wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:57 am
it adds radar tiers up to level 5 and the satellite recipe is changed to require this so there's a lot more complexity - something like 150 more buildings required to build the satellites.
Mostly because it was requested.
"Launching a rocket is an end-game thing, it should require end-game Bob materials"

If Warfare is the only of my mods you have, it doesn't make as much sense as if you're running the whole Bobs suite.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The 1.1.3 update run.
Updates
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Thanks for the smart belt building support 8-)

Mirco1502
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mirco1502 »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:01 pm
The 1.1.3 update run.
Updates
Thank you!! :D

Huillam
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Huillam »

Do aliens require a specific evolution level before they can spawn enemies able to drop colored artifacts?
I tend to slow down alien ability to spawn new bases by a large margin so they simply may not have spawned yet but in my previous playthroughs (few years ago) I was under the impression that elemental spawners could be generated from the very beginning.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Huillam wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:08 am
Do aliens require a specific evolution level before they can spawn enemies able to drop colored artifacts?
I tend to slow down alien ability to spawn new bases by a large margin so they simply may not have spawned yet but in my previous playthroughs (few years ago) I was under the impression that elemental spawners could be generated from the very beginning.
All enemies drop artifacts.
Before "Big" enemies though, they only have a chance to drop small artifacts, so, you might need to kill a few before they show up.

I'd advise you to check settings, and make sure enemies dropping artifacts is turned on in the enemies mod section of the settings.
I also have a Patreon.

Huillam
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Huillam »

Of course right after I asked I spotted an elemental spawner in radar range, went to check and got myself some colored alien artifacts. My usual (lack of) luck.
Everything works fine then. Sorry. ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Huillam wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:45 am
Of course right after I asked I spotted an elemental spawner in radar range, went to check and got myself some colored alien artifacts. My usual (lack of) luck.
Oh, right, maybe I'm still half asleep.

if you specifically want the coloured artifacts, you need to either travel some distance, as they start showing up after a certain distance, or your evolution factor to... 0.5 to make the elemental nests appear, or to 0.6 to make the lowest level elemental enemies spawn.
turning on the "Bigger sooner" option lowers all these values by 0.1.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:50 am
Huillam wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:45 am
Oh, right, maybe I'm still half asleep.

if you specifically want the coloured artifacts, you need to either travel some distance, as they start showing up after a certain distance, or your evolution factor to... 0.5 to make the elemental nests appear, or to 0.6 to make the lowest level elemental enemies spawn.
turning on the "Bigger sooner" option lowers all these values by 0.1.
Good day idea compatible in Space Exploration in ..

i am help in integrate test you!

ja_feels
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ja_feels »

Hey guys! Brand new user and was hoping for some insight.

I had been wanting a few new extras in my current playthrough so I downloaded a slew of bob's mod's after seeing there was a huge selection of additional early, mid, and end game content. I downloaded a few and was pretty excited until I realized that my factory was needing some overhauling and updating, no problem there! :|

The biggest issue I found is most of these new items and technologies are all requiring the new ores /chemicals/etc introduced with bob's mods which I'm not seeing anything pop up in my save file as it was a Vanilla world. I.E. Can't find deposits of cobalt, brass, etc.

I tried poking around with a few other mods seeing if they're let me add the required resources in real time but haven't had any luck.

I guess my ask is: Is there any work around for installing these mods on a game file/world that was vanilla or am I going to just need to uninstall them from that save and then start fresh to get the full experience Bob's Mods have to offer? :shock:

Thanks!
-Ja

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

ja_feels wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:38 am
The biggest issue I found is most of these new items and technologies are all requiring the new ores /chemicals/etc introduced with bob's mods which I'm not seeing anything pop up in my save file as it was a Vanilla world. I.E. Can't find deposits of cobalt, brass, etc.
From what i expect, the new ore will be generated only on newly revealed area now that the mod is installed.

Now cobalt and brass i'm not sure you will have deposit. Brass being an alloy, you will need to mix other ore to get some. Cobalt i'm not sure because things changes but in my memory it was possible to get some when refining copper ore.

Now you could still cheat to add nickel, lead, bauxite, zinc and so on in the already revealed area using the command /editor and then editing the map ( which disable achievement).

but all things considered i would still recommend starting a fresh game with the mods on, since they are quite a significant overhaul and can change the way you build from the start, that would give the full experience :).

maybe it requires a bit of time/testing to find the most suitable combinaison of mods in the list for your game, getting a sneak peak at future technologies may help making a choice :)

ja_feels
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ja_feels »

but all things considered i would still recommend starting a fresh game with the mods on, since they are quite a significant overhaul and can change the way you build from the start, that would give the full experience :).

maybe it requires a bit of time/testing to find the most suitable combinaison of mods in the list for your game, getting a sneak peak at future technologies may help making a choice :)
I figured this would be the case, thanks for the info I greatly appreciate it!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ja_feels wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:26 am

I figured this would be the case, thanks for the info I greatly appreciate it!
It's already been said, but:
1. make sure you have bobores installed.
2. Cobalt and Sulfur will require the option to be turned on if you want the ore, but Sulfur comes from a lot of places, and Cobalt can be extracted from Copper ore once you research Cobalt Processing.
3. The ores will appear if you explore, but if you want to force them to show up you can use the commands /c remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate") to respawn all bob ores, or /c game.regenerate_entity("tin-ore") to respawn a specific ore (if you know it's internal code name)
I also have a Patreon.

flame_Sla
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by flame_Sla »

Steam powered assembling machine
by what formula is the crafting speed calculated for different temperatures?

165С - crafting speed=0.4
315С - crafting speed ?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

flame_Sla wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:24 am
Steam powered assembling machine
by what formula is the crafting speed calculated for different temperatures?

165С - crafting speed=0.4
315С - crafting speed ?
It's liniar.
T1 steam, 165C is 0.4
T2 steam, 315C is 0.8
T3 is 1.2
T4 is 1.6
T5 is 2.0
I also have a Patreon.

Hearken
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hearken »

I am trying to modify the amount of power generated by the nuclear machines in the power mod. I've managed to set the reactors and exchangers to my desired values, but the turbines seem to be capped at 11.82 MW because the maximum temperature they seem to be able to handle is 1000C:
0.2 KW * 60 * 1 * (1000-15) = 11820 KW.
My desired output from a turbine is 25 MW which is achievable at 2099C:
0.2 KW * 60 * 1 * (2099-15) = 25008 KW
Setting the maximum temperature for both reactors and exchangers to 2099C causes no issues as far as I can tell. The UI tooltip informs me that the maximum temperature of the turbine is 2099C, but the maximum output remains 11.82MW. Is there some way to increase this hidden maximum temperature so that I can get a higher power output?

Return to “Bob's mods”